Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sick crew member

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I noticed one of my cats had the runs and figured out which one by looking at their bums. This has been going on for a few days. Well I let them out of jail for a bit and I smelled something really bad so I figured one had an accident outside of the box and I found liquid poop in my bathtub. Thanks for being smart there at least LOL. Then a few minutes later Juno puked in two spots on the floor. She is eating and drinking and active, but I am still going to take her into the vet tomorrow. This sounds to me like an obstruction, I hope not.

There goes my new kitten because I already know this is going to be an expensive vet visit. :( But I want my girl to be healthy and OK.

Please keep Juno in your thoughts, and pray its just a tummy bug and not an exploratory surgery in our future.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ya, that is what freaks me out as well as the vets office I used to work for an obstruction cost about 2k. Hope they let me make payments! I think they will though he is a nice man. My old vet moved away. I have only been to this new vet one time but he gave me the doxi so they are better. Sigh its always something. Funny thing is my kid is sick too, with almost the same symptoms!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lets hope she just is sick and she gets better.
Last night I puked at the hotel 3 times and had a bad migraine.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have had migranes make me puke before.

My son has puked once but I have changed his diaper about 20 times today.

I am not sure how many times the cat has gone because I haven't checked the bottom of the litter robot. She is laying on the bed and ate and drank and kept it down so I don't know.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hope it is nothing serious. I found some puke the other day but quickly noticed that Leo was eating the chinchilla hay:Dizzy:
We have a human bug going around here and kids are barfing alot! well wishes to your little boy!

Bella07

Banned
Hopefully it's just a little tummy bug and nothing serious. We all have our bad days, and we do really want that new kitten of yours! So please get well soon Juno!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well no puke or poop from either of them last night. She's eating, drinking and acting normal so now I don't know what to do. I will call the vet here in about 30 mins.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ugh! With kids and pets, someone is always sick. I hope it is something simple and they are both feeling better soon!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well no puke or poop from either of them last night. She's eating, drinking and acting normal so now I don't know what to do. I will call the vet here in about 30 mins.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the break in the action is a good sign that things are tapering off and that you were battling a short lived bug.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok so the night I had her sleep in my room there was zero poop issues. The only reason I thought it was her was her butt looked like she might be the one, I never actually saw her. I decided to wait one more day because she didn't have any problems all night. All day yesterday there was no poop issues. Then today when I got home from work the litter robot was full of diarhea. So much so that I now have to take it apart and scrub it because it got stuck in the door and is now on the outside. I could smell it the second I walked in the door. I checked all butts. Juno's seemed normal dirty. Ben when I lifted up his tail something yellow came out of his butt? So maybe anal glands? Ugh then Jack had a FILTHY butt and poop on his body. I am going to take ALL three in tomorrow as I have no idea now who the heck is sick. One, two, three, all of the above? It is weird because they were fine yesterday. I locked Jack in the bathroom with a regular litter box to see what is up, but at this point I am just going to take all 3 in because I have no idea what yellow would be coming out my cats butt. He is fixed but I know they can still spray, but it just oozed out when I lifted his tail to look at his butt. Ugh why all these butt/poop issues. It seems like its always something. Honestly I am a little freaked out because what I looked up seems bad. Juno is behind on shots because of the constant URI they have had. Juno has only had 2 sets, Jack has had all of his. Ben has had all of his. But when I walked in the door it smelled to me like Parvo. The only thing that makes me not think this is they are all eating and drinking and active. Maybe giardia I guess but I have had them a long time. Yesterday it was a water type and a dark brown today I didn't really get a good look but looked more formed. I don't know. I hate taking them in for nothing.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
ooo that doesnt sound good at all..the oozy bootie...I've had kitties that sprayed before and looked at their bums right afterwards and there was no ozzies...Not trying to worry you any...I think it would be best to have them all taken in just to be safe. Goodluck, I hope its something easily treated!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I will! I thought it was all cleared up but I guess not. Jack isn't himself either he tried to bite me! Although I was trying to remove him from someplace by force, normally I don't have to do that. Ugh I wish I would have came home sooner because I got off work at 3pm but I ran errands and went to visit my gramma and didn't get home until 8pm.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Could they have ate something, and its given them a bad belly? I hope its not a stomach bug or anything serious.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well one of them has been having it for a while, comes and goes, but now I think its all three! Only reason I have been post poning is because they are all active/eating/drinking. I remember working at the vets office and watching people pay lost of money for the vet to be like oh its nothing and send them on their way. It smells AWFUL. I don't know. I have a million things to do tomorrow too. Blah.

Back