Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sick Lexi

MikkiJean

Lairian
I lounged around on the couch for a while today because I am feeling a bit under the weather. Well, when the bf went home and in our bed room he told me Lexi had thrown up. This happened once or twice the first week we had her home but we contributed it to stress. It's been a few weeks since then and we've had no incidents until today.
To make matter worse we found blood in her stool when we cleaned out the litter box andit was fresh.

Her diet hasn't changed at all and I feed her on a regular schedule. Nothing has happened to stress her out or anything. I have no idea what it could be. I'm worried sick though.

Her vet is closed right now but I called the emergency place they recommend when they are closed. The lady said it would be safe to wait until morning. So that's what we are doing as soon as the vet opens.... I hope she is ok. :Cry:

MikkiJean

Lairian
I don't know what she could have ingested... There's really nothing for her to get into. As for the stool it looked perfectly normal minus the blood. Same consistency as usual

MikkiJean

Lairian
Lexi got some SQ fluids, cerenia injectable, and famotidine injectable. He sent us home with Famotidine tablets, I/D canned food, and metronidazole.
Nooowwww, all that is jibberish to me minus the SQ fluids. He said he didn't feel anything abnormal in the exam and her temperature is good and she isn't lethargic, so I shouldn't worry. A few days of antibiotics and hydration and she should be better. I'm supposed to monitor her carefully over the weekend and if she has another incident bring her back on Monday. If that happens we will have to do xrays and bloodwork. Crossing my fingers she gets better and we won't have to do that.

MikkiJean

Lairian
Lexi and I took a loooong nap today and had lots of cuddles. I woke up and I don't think it was physically possible for her to be any closer to me:Adore: She seems to be acting normal. But she hasn't had a bowel movement since last night. I just got off the phone with the vet and he said to give it until 10am tomorrow and if she hasn't had one to bring her in.

I'm feeling better after cuddles, just really tired. And I really just want Lexi to poop :LOL:

Back