Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sim and I have missed you!

alandsim

Lairian
It has honestly been such a crazy few weeks at work that I feel like I have not had spare seconds to goof off and go on Sphynxlair!!

What’s up with you all? Catch me up!

SO and I announced our engagement, I have a new phone, have had my betta Shiva now for a few weeks weeks and Simbelina just got a bath!

In worse news, Jo got sprayed by a skunk (ew) and he still kinda stinks, and Shiva ate his roommate snail

Attachments

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Thanks for sharing all of your updates and smelly ones as well lol.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations on your engagement! Will Jo and Sim be the witnesses of thr wedding? Do you already have a date for the wedding? Beautiful ring.
Sim looks so cute and beautiful. Poor Jo for being sprayed!! Jo looks happy though;-)

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Good to have you back and congratulations on your engagement :) What kind of work do you do (if you don't mind me asking!)?

Getting sprayed by a skunk does have comical overtones, but I don't think it's terribly funny with a stinky dog.... HOw do you get rid of the smell (or try to anyway...)?:oops:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@alandsim Congratulations on your Engagement!!!!!!

thanks for sharing the wonderful pics!

awwhhh hope the skunk stink is going away ! what did you use to deskunk?

hugs n head smooches!!!!

alandsim

Lairian
@Cinafina reception at a law firm so sometimes I have not a lot to do, and sometimes i’m swamped. I also do freelance Spanish to English translation and that’s kicking up a lot lately too!

@Yoda mom at my mom’s recommendation (I frantically called her right after it happened and she googled) baking soda, dawn dish soap and peroxide, then rinse and a normal wash with mane and tail. I think it worked really well but I was very careful around his face with that stuff which is why he’s probably still stinky. Everything else I washed- like my tennis shoes and sweatpants, towels used for bath, his collar etc- by soaking in oxi clean for a while then running through the washer and that worked really well. I was really careful to keep him outside before I could get him in the bath so didn’t get much stink in the house but I still wiped down a lot of stuff with vinegar just in case. Had to wash my hands with peroxide after handling everything. It was an ordeal haha

Wedding is not projected till 2021 cause we’re intimidated about planning one!! Wasn’t a surprise for anyone cause we’ve been together almost 6 years and own a house together, but exciting still!!

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes Reba was sprayed on Thursday , and I used that same remedy but I also boiled vinager on the stove to help with the smell in the house. Congratulations on the wedding. mine is in 22 days. Aaahhh coming so fast.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

alandsim

Lairian
@denise irwin oh my gosh yes you are very close! How exciting- congrats to you!

How is Reba smelling? I fully bathed Jo on Monday and yesterday I made more of the mixture and wiped him with it & a rag, then wiped with a wet rag to rinse. I can still smell it on him though so I wonder if I’m doing sth wrong!

Btw I love the name Reba on a pet! My grandma claims Reba Mcentire is our aunt because she has a picture of herself with her at a meet & greet “there’s your aunt Reba”

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@alandsim
Reba has a very faint smell if you stick your nose right in fur. I left the mixture on her for 20 minutes or so, then I did straight dawn, then used the cat shampoo hylyt to try and calm her skin down. Maybe use straight dawn and then a calming shampoo after. Poor Reba was in sink for almost an hour poor girl.

alandsim

Lairian
Jo’s gonna get a supervised face mask tonight then, I must not have been leaving it on him long enough. He’s got such thick fur too that I bet the solution’s not sinking in or maybe the spray sank in too much

The perk of having a white dog is I could see exactly where the spray hit him at the time (forehead and eye area it was a yucky yellow splotch ) so I can target it better haha

alandsim

Lairian

Let me know if you can see this video of Jo getting the life smacked out of him by Sim this happens very often at our house but I got the perfect video

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My guys do that to each other and Reba lol

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Omg, Jo is just simply stunning!! Look at that face {} Certainly looks like your hard work with the introductions has paid off and was worth every second {} But a good smack on the nose isn't too bad, just in case Jo should get any ideas haha :0