Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Singing about our kitties

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Someone pointed out to me recently that I often take songs and fit my cats into it somehow. Most of the time, I don't even realize I'm doing it. But after catching myself singing "Bayleigh's Navidad" instead of Feliz Navidad this afternoon, I realized I might have a problem :Sweat: Please say I'm not the only cat-mom that sings about her babies when she's happy???

Brooke

Banned
No way! I do it all the time!! Barry Manilow already wrote a song about Mandy, so I don't even have to change the words for her...:LOL::LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No, you're not the only one! :Pudently:I have to drive a lot for my job, so I like to amuse myself while on the road by making up new lyrics about Piglet and my other two cats Sydney and Reno to old Christmas songs! Sometimes I feel pretty darn silly singing about my cats in my own versions of "I'm dreaming of a Sphynx Christmas" and "Rockin' around the Kitty Tree" and "I'll have a Blue Christmas without Piglet", but I have to admit it makes me smile and makes the time go by a lot faster while in the car for work. :Laugh:

susi794

Staff member
I sing about mine too....and to my sister's sphynxes too. My sister's male sphynx's favorite is "Fishbones, meet my Fishbones..he's the nephew in my fam-ily...from the town of Belding.... he's the cutest cat in his-tory!" Sung to the theme song of the Flinstones. He loves me to sing it to him!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The only thing that calms Meecho down during her showers is to sing the "I love Meecho" song. I'm not sure if she loves the song or is trying to figure out if my pitch is some new form of kitty communication:Laugh:

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I named Haji after a song by a band called Umphrey's Mcgee (think grateful dead/phish/progressive improv rock).

Also, the talking heads song "burning down the house" the lyric is "three hundred sixty five da-grees..... burnin down the house!"

Well for some reason i say "three hundred sixty five Ha-Ji's..."

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
During their shower I usually break into "Life is hard out there for a kitten tryin' to get a bath in the world". It's pretty much just that because I only know one line that goes "Life is hard out there for a pimp...". It's from a movie, maybe Hustle & Flow??

Back