Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skin color change help!

srego24

Lairian
Hello all! I have a baby boy who was going to be 5 in January whose skin color is changing around his genital area. This is really concerning me as it's been about 3 weeks since it started and it's gotten bigger. Does anybody know what this could be?
20181121_203529.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Happy to see you posted this in the public area. Hopefully someone will recall another member who experienced this.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@srego24 , have you changed litters? Change of food?

Some kitties can get yeast skin issues with certain litters

Does it come off with coconut oil or wash cloth?

You can check with your vet and ask of a skin test scraping for yeast or bacterial ?
Sure others with more experience with this will chime in

Following closely for updates

Alway best to vet visit

srego24

Lairian
@srego24 , have you changed litters? Change of food?

Some kitties can get yeast skin issues with certain litters

Does it come off with coconut oil or wash cloth?

You can check with your vet and ask of a skin test scraping for yeast or bacterial ?
Sure others with more experience with this will chime in

Following closely for updates

Alway best to vet visit

I have not changed litter. I have changed food but it was about 5-6 weeks ago that I changed his food and this has been only in the last 3 weeks. Can there be a late reaction like this? I changed from Purina One to Hills Science Diet.

It does not come off with a wash cloth. I do not have coconut oil to try that. I have an appt with the Dr. on Wednesday. I will ask them to do a skin test.

srego24

Lairian
It could be the food. You're right. I hope not because my baby girl needs the food due to a fiber deficiency. I would like to have them both on the same food. However if that is the case then I will most definitely change it back! I will keep you posted!! If anyone has seen or experienced this please let me know! Thank you in advance

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
my baby girl needs the food due to a fiber deficiency

You can provide fiber by adding it to their regular food; you don't have to buy a special food. Some popular fiber options are psyllum husk, 100% canned pumpkin or slippery elm bark. Pumpkin is easy because all it takes is 1 teaspoon for a 10 lb cat. You can mix it with their regular food or some cats will also just eat the pumpkin by itself. It can be given once or twice per day.

srego24

Lairian
You can provide fiber by adding it to their regular food; you don't have to buy a special food. Some popular fiber options are psyllum husk, 100% canned pumpkin or slippery elm bark. Pumpkin is easy because all it takes is 1 teaspoon for a 10 lb cat. You can mix it with their regular food or some cats will also just eat the pumpkin by itself. It can be given once or twice per day.
I tried the pumpkin but it was still giving her stomach issues. My Dr. suggested the Hill's Science Diet sensitive stomach and it works.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@srego24 , thanks for updating and letting us know the sciemce diet sensitive stomach food works! Yah! My nakids like science diet urinrary hairball dry food I give as treats .
(I read hairball formulas have worked for poo issues )

Keep the good news updates coming !

Back