Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skin discoloration

Lizzardkitty

Lairian
Hello Kitty community. It's me again. So I have two naked babies now. Things are great... However... Lizzard has discoloration on his sides where his skin creases but it doesn't stink and it feels smooth. I've read other posts but now I'm noticing that Clark is starting to develop this as well. Before I panic and tips on how to clear up yeast naturally? I already have shampoo but it's not showing any improvement. Help
IMG_20180226_200002.jpg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Kitty community. It's me again. So I have two naked babies now. Things are great... However... Lizzard has discoloration on his sides where his skin creases but it doesn't stink and it feels smooth. I've read other posts but now I'm noticing that Clark is starting to develop this as well. Before I panic and tips on how to clear up yeast naturally? I already have shampoo but it's not showing any improvement. HelpView attachment 83539
Hello, does it smell at all? Sometimes a yeast infection can have a specific smell. It also may be pigmentation - take a look thru some of these posts for more info and pics for comparison - Search Results for Query: pigmentation | Sphynxlair. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Lizzardkitty , Awh... Healing vibes sent !

did the vet diagnosis as yeast? Which shampoo you are using ?
Here is a link
Skin conditions & Yeast

Some kitties get yeasty from certain cat litters
Worlds best and some wheat or corn litters are some I recall reading about

What brand litter are they both using ?

Any change of foods?

Many of us also use vetericyn spray for skin issues you can check with your vet if it would be okay to use

Sending a lair full of positive vibes ! Please keep us updated often on your babies

Ps My batman had severe pigmentation from over sun Bathing
Do your babies sunbath a lot ?

Last edited:

Lizzardkitty

Lairian
We use Scoop Away Unscented 99.9 % dust free. I have to call the vet tomorrow.

I was washing him with a malaseb shampoo but switched to d'grease because I thought he was better, but it seems worse.

They do sun bath but they are usually sitting on their bellies and that is where the darkness is happening. I also found something on the underside of his tail and he's has his diarrhea come back. He is such a sensitive boy. I've switched vets so I will call and make his first appointment.

I'll keep you posted. Thank you for all the good vibes.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Good to hear you have an appointment with the vet. Hope the vet knows whats going on with all the issues. Sending positive vibes

Lizzardkitty

Lairian
So vet appointment was cancelled due to snow storm but I'm so frustrated. Now clark is starting to get the darkening in the same areas. I'm so confused and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm super stressed and I don't know how all these photos show these cats perfectly clean. I'm pulling my hair out!!! Vet on Thursday.

Lizzardkitty

Lairian
Someone suggested the coconut oil trick for tough spots but no luck ... There is something more happening. Someone also mentioned blue Dawn but I hear mixed reviews on this. Any experience? I tried messaging a couple users who had pictures exactly like my babies but they haven't responded.

Lizzardkitty

Lairian
@Lizzardkitty I know this was a few months back... but did you ever get it figured out/ diagnosed/ cleared up? Just asking bc mine has similar spots :(
Hi there! You know what? It cleared on its own. We bathe every other week not (I still rinse off every week but one week with the medicated shampoo and the other just warm water). Also I think the neutering had their hormones out of whack! My little guy is going through the exact same skin issue my big guy did. Also, we have forced air so now that the weather is warming up we don't have the heat on. Patience and love go amlong way.IMG_20180520_193015.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
image.jpeg
@Lizzardkitty , thank you for the update! Head smooches sent

(When I adopted Batmna he had sunbathing pigmentation that cleared up on its own
Was in the same areas )
@Lizzardkitty

Here is a pic of Batman gotcha day skin
He was seen by a vet before I adopted him and vet said it was pigmentation
He no longer is allowed to sunbath

Back