Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skin issues? Pink spot

Dobbys mom7926

Lairian
Hey everyone,
So my little Dobby is 4 months old. He had a month of battling something (or some things) unknown. Battled diarrhea that’s cleared up for the most part unless he gets into people food. And then he battled a very very high (107+) fever for a week that was finally treated. I noticed a few days after coming home from the vet almost 4 weeks ago that he had little pinkish spot on his back hip. I can’t remember if it looked scratched but didn’t look worrisome so I kinda forgot about it. Well it’s still there and he doesn’t have hair in that spot and seems like no skin pigment either. It’s pretty see through… it doesn’t bother him so idk if it’s something I should be concerned about? He sees the vet today for vaccines and I’ll bring it up but I wanted to ask this community who has experienced with these little guys.
3AA35AD5-019C-4CB2-B708-14DEDE4B6142.jpeg

Sheldon13

Staff member
My Ellie had a bald spot that for no apparent reason. I agree, if the skin is healthy it’s likely nothing to be concerned about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Dobbys mom7926 (((hugs))))) and healing vibes to Dobby. been thru soo much . can you email pic to vet? did he have any vaccinations on that spot? please keep us updated. hus n head smooches...

Dobbys mom7926

Lairian
@Dobbys mom7926 it doesn’t look concerning especially if it hasn’t changed/gotten bigger and isn’t raised. After you have your vet give their opinion, please update the thread as your info can help others in the future.
So the vet couldn’t give any insight but she did say it doesn’t look concerning, he’s not bothered by it so it will just be another wait and watch thing.

Dobbys mom7926

Lairian
@Dobbys mom7926 (((hugs))))) and healing vibes to Dobby. been thru soo much . can you email pic to vet? did he have any vaccinations on that spot? please keep us updated. hus n head smooches...
He really has poor baby has had a rough start to his little life. There’s two vets at his clinic and we saw the one who hasn’t met him before so she was going to ask his usual vet about it. No vaccines in that spot. All have been given between the shoulders on his back. He was given a steroid but the vet we saw said that would be a weird place to have gotten it injected. She was supposed to double check with dobbys usual vet but I haven’t heard back yet. So for now I was told just keep and eye on it and we will do another check up end of march before his neuter

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Dobbys mom7926 , hugs n positive vibe head smooches to baby Dobby. keep us update. . be sure to confirm before neuter with vet No ketamine anesthesia . I asked my vet and she uses isoflurane instead.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Dobbys mom7926 , sharing, I called the vets office and checked ahead of time to confirm No ketamine and asked what anesthesia they use. also, if you are going to microchip, during neuter surgery a good time. if you do, be sure to call the microchip company on your own, sometimes need to pay/register your info/ registration fee separate from the chip cost at the vet. I always call to confirm they have the correct info