Skin issues

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Health & Nutrition' started by ArlosMom, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ArlosMom

ArlosMomLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $5,746.49
    Ratings:
    +412
    • Green Sphynx
    • Pink Sphynx
    Helllo all!! It's been a while. Lots of craziness going on in my life as i sit here in the hospital awaiting my husband to come out of spine surgery.. Anyhoooo As some may recall I have two na-kids..arlo & layla. Layla had a rough start with lots of skin issues /infection, tests to figure out what it was, biopsy, skin scraping, meds, ointments, etc, etc,etc.. They finally diagnosed her with general dermatitis and finally found a job steroid med (atopica) that helped keep her skin eruptions at bay. I've tried weaning her several times but she continues to get flare ups and eruptions. In any case, while I am keeping that at bay she has now developed this strange skin condition and while it doesn't seem to bother her, it's just very strange. It's most noticeable in hey dark markings. I thought at first it was perhaps just a spot I didnt clean well enough because it truly looks like a typical dirt spot, however with weekly bathing and thorough scrubbing, its definitely not dirt and has now spread to other areas. Please let me know if anyone has seen anything like this. I can't bare the thought of subjecting her to more skin scrapings and poking and prodding. She's also on a raw diet which she's been iv since I got her 3 years ago so very unlikely any type of allergy. TYIA!! 35263482-DE2A-4945-9F7C-9BCF5BE0ABF9.jpeg

• Hugs Hugs x 2

• Toa and Ross

Toa and RossGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $207,746.36
      Ratings:
      +18,571
      Hi there! Good to hear from you. Hope your husband surgery went well. Sending healing vibes to him.

Can it be pigmentation?

• Yoda mom

Yoda momModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $95,542.74
      Ratings:
      +10,470
      • Butterflies
      • Red Sphynx
      • Pink Sphynx
      • Black Sphynx
      @ArlosMom ((Hugs )) and head smooches to Arlo amd Layla
      Good to see you stop by the lair :)

Positve vibes speedy recovery vibes for your husband
      (I had 3 back surgeries - ugh - I get it - happily to report doing good so same wishes your way)
      My last amd best surgeon told me it is like two pieces of plywood glued together - you must let it heal before any strenuous physical therapy -( blew it out again right after surgery when PT had me do too much too soon)

Oh Layla what have you got going on sweet girl ?
      Can you share a pic with your vet ?
      I am stumped so hopeful others can chime in more too

Keep us updated on all fronts ((hugs)))

• Yoda mom

Yoda momModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $95,542.74
      Ratings:
      +10,470
      • Butterflies
      • Red Sphynx
      • Pink Sphynx