Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skin problem help!!!

Albertsphynx

Lairian
my beautiful little sphynx Albert has developed a strange mark on his back today and I'm very worried. As I cannot find any similar cases or get any idea what it could be! Can anyone help?!?!

I have attached a few images below!
Albert is 8 months old he has had all his vaccinations,
His behaviour is normal he is eating normal (as much as possible :p) and he has no other symptoms.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 48

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I tried to find something to help you but I didn't find the exact same thing. Some of the skin conditions that our cats get can include ringworm or a fungus. There are people on here that can give you better advice; I'm sorry this is the best I can do.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
my beautiful little sphynx Albert has developed a strange mark on his back today and I'm very worried. As I cannot find any similar cases or get any idea what it could be! Can anyone help?!?!

I have attached a few images below!
Albert is 8 months old he has had all his vaccinations,
His behaviour is normal he is eating normal (as much as possible :p) and he has no other symptoms.
Its hard to tell in the photo, Is it scabby at all? Is there other spots? It doesn't look like this picture below up close does it?

image.jpg

Albertsphynx

Lairian
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi there! No it isn't scabby its completly flat no irritated skin, and doesn't feel any different from the rest of his skin. It doesn't look like the picture no :/ it's completely White and a perfect circle not at red or anything. I've attached a few more images to try and show it better but as you can see no other marks, it literally just showed up out of no where.

The only other things I can think of he went for a check up and he was perfectly fine before his visit afterward the vet irritated his ears and he suffered from discharge for a few days (he has never experienced bad discharge or ear buildup) his ears where bothering him he was constantly shaking his head so I bathed them in warm water and its being clearing up he also had a few episodes after that vet vistit of vomiting we took him straight back and they gave him an injection for the vomiting and a worming tablet just incase. I personally but the vomiting to his ears being off balance, but I feel not of this relates to this strange mark.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 32

admin

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 55932 View attachment 55933 Hi there! No it isn't scabby its completly flat no irritated skin, and doesn't feel any different from the rest of his skin. It doesn't look like the picture no :/ it's completely White and a perfect circle not at red or anything. I've attached a few more images to try and show it better but as you can see no other marks, it literally just showed up out of no where.

The only other things I can think of he went for a check up and he was perfectly fine before his visit afterward the vet irritated his ears and he suffered from discharge for a few days (he has never experienced bad discharge or ear buildup) his ears where bothering him he was constantly shaking his head so I bathed them in warm water and its being clearing up he also had a few episodes after that vet vistit of vomiting we took him straight back and they gave him an injection for the vomiting and a worming tablet just incase. I personally but the vomiting to his ears being off balance, but I feel not of this relates to this strange mark.
Very strange, I have never seen anything like it, It almost looks like a scar of some sort, I would see if it worsens or disappears in a few days. If any other health issues arise I would surely see the vet.

Emily0404

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maybe ringworm? Although to be honest I don't know what that really looks like!! I'm glad he's ok in himself :)

Back