Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

skin problem!!! red pimples

irene kaloyani

Lairian
Hi im new here and i need your help. Ι noticed before one month at my baby Gizmo( 9 months old) some red pimples with some blood on them(probably because he was scratching and biting them). he got antibiotics for ten days but when he stoped it they came back. so i gave him(always after vet's advice) different antibiotic(augmentin) and cortisone same time. now we are at the end of this treatment and the pimples have almost desapear. Although he sleeps much more than before and he doesnt have the same willing to play with me or his toys. you think is because of the medicins? also does any of you know what these pimples are?( here i want to mension that now that the waether is warmer i let him out sometimes) so i though mayde he is alergic to any plant. had anyone similar problem? sorry for bad english!

Attachments

• gizmo.jpg
    gizmo.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 83
  • gizmo1.jpg
    gizmo1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 35401558_585757485142409_4832372029485219840_n.jpg
    35401558_585757485142409_4832372029485219840_n.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 51

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like a possible allergy issue. Maybe he has issues with the litter, or it could even be a food allergy. I’d ask your vet to test to see if/what they are allergic to. BTW welcome to Sphynxlair.
Sphynx Skin Conditions

Yoda mom

Staff member
@irene kaloyani , welcoming you and Gizmo to the lair family

does he play at night and sleep by day?
I would call and ask your vet if the medication could make him sleepy

Did the vet think it was allergies?
Have you costed food or litter ?
Some can be Sensitive to scented litter or wheat litters amd even worlds best brand litter .
I switched to unscented litter .

Can you not let him outside and see if the pimples stay away?
Perhaps something in the grass , environmental he is Senstive too
Do you have a lawn service company - they apply products that pets can be sensitive too

Ps- your English is just fine purrfect :)
We are all lair family from all over the world

irene kaloyani

Lairian
@irene kaloyani , welcoming you and Gizmo to the lair family

does he play at night and sleep by day?
I would call and ask your vet if the medication could make him sleepy

Did the vet think it was allergies?
Have you costed food or litter ?
Some can be Sensitive to scented litter or wheat litters amd even worlds best brand litter .
I switched to unscented litter .

Can you not let him outside and see if the pimples stay away?
Perhaps something in the grass , environmental he is Senstive too
Do you have a lawn service company - they apply products that pets can be sensitive too

Ps- your English is just fine purrfect :)
We are all lair family from all over the world

irene kaloyani

Lairian
@Yoda mom First of all thanks for answering. Yes the vet told me that probably he is allergic to something. The litter i use is unscented but the food i give him contains substances that cats may be allergic to, so ill change it hoping for the best. Now for the fact that he sleeps a lot vet told me that since he eats mormally is nothing to worry about. So ill wait untill the treatment ends to see. But he was a really playfull cat, he was biting and hunting us all day and it breaks my hurt seeing him like this. I hope the pimples go away when this treatment ends and dont appear again..

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It definitely looks like an allergy. Allergies can be from food (chicken is a very common allergy for Sphynx). It could also be from fabric softener that you might use with your clothes, plants, and so on. Unfortunately, expensive as it is, the only way to really know is With an allergy test. Otherwise, you can try a process of elimination.

Please keep us updated.

irene kaloyani

Lairian
@Xandria thanks for answering. I changed the food from chiken to fish. now i wait untill he stops the medicins and if the pimples come back i'll do an allergy test. is the only solution. i cant live this situation again. it is really stressful and sad..

Yoda mom

Staff member
@irene kaloyani
Positive vibes sent !
Remember food trials can take several weeks to see results.
With my Kitty it took about 8 weeks to see amazing results
Night and say difference - she was miserable , slept all the time too -
Now she is very active and happy !
Same vibes sent to your Gizmo
Hang in there , be positve amd give your boy big head smooches from us!
Look forward to pics and tales of Gizmo! Love his name!
he is very handsome in your avatar picture!

Keep us updated often
We are here for you

Back