Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skin problems

ashleyc

Lairian
61BD1CD5-8698-441E-92BD-04414CD22D1F.jpeg
375A5A77-E60D-42B9-928E-B0ED74139C4B.jpeg

We’re after changing her bowls from plastic to metal and she’s been on kitten food and now she’s on royal canin Sphynx it’s the one that the cattery we got her from uses anyone know or had a Sphynx with skin like this and if so what was wrong?

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like a severe allergy and subsequent infection from scratching. Hopefully, you have a vet appointment soon to have the infection addressed. I would suspect food allergy or environmental allergies could also cause a flare like this. My girl had bad allergies we went to a dermatologist, and did allergy testing (for environmental allergens as they cannot test for food allergies) She is allergic to everything! We changed her food to Royal canin ultamino rx diet, medicated shampoo, and started allergy serum injections, like they do with people. Since starting them she has come around full circle.
Keep us posted on your little one.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I agree a vet visit is needed. Your will prescribe something to help with the pain they are experiencing. As others have said it probably is a food allergy but with that oozing there is probably an infection involved now. I’d ask for an allergy test so you can get this squared away quickly and eliminate the ingredients that are causing this. Please keep us updated. @ashleyc

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending healing vibes. Hope the vet can help. I heard from several members that FYsphynx can cause skin issues with a sphynx that is sensitive for allergies. But best to ask the vet!

Back