Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skin Rash

Kiapi

Lairian
Hi All,

i am very worried about Bintang, my oldest, he has been having a strange rush on his skin (i will try to upload the pic). I live in China and no vet i have been to has ever seen a Sphynx before and the communication is hard due to the language barrier.

I am concerned they will treat him in the wrong way, as they already given him antisemitic before but did not quite work .

Can anyone let me know if they had a similar experience with their sphynx and how to treat it? PS i have another sphynx in the same house who is absolutely fine skin wise (does have constant watery eyes thought, which i also have not been able to fix yet)

Please advise, i am very worried about him

Thank you
Chiara

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

i am very worried about Bintang, my oldest, he has been having a strange rush on his skin (i will try to upload the pic). I live in China and no vet i have been to has ever seen a Sphynx before and the communication is hard due to the language barrier.

I am concerned they will treat him in the wrong way, as they already given him antisemitic before but did not quite work .

Can anyone let me know if they had a similar experience with their sphynx and how to treat it? PS i have another sphynx in the same house who is absolutely fine skin wise (does have constant watery eyes thought, which i also have not been able to fix yet)

Please advise, i am very worried about him

Thank you
Chiara
@Hi @Kiapi - pictures would surely help. Here is a good thread on sphynx and skin conditions - http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/sphynx-skin-conditions.4236/

Kiapi

Lairian
Thank you this is very useful.

Yesterday i used for the first time coconut oil before his bath and today it had about 40% less rush than it did yesterday. I am wondering whether is a coincidence or whether coconut oil can be a solution for its rush

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just don't use to much coconut oil, they will get more greasy. So don't be surprised.
You have to wash them really well and rinse, rinse and rinse, when using this. Just use a little where you need to.

Kiapi

Lairian

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 52

admin

Administrator
Staff member
This is Bintang today, way worst then few days ago... My Vet never seen a sphinx before so I am worried he is treating him with the wrong medicines. He still thinks it's an allergy
What has he prescribed? If it's a food allergy, I'm not sure any medication will work.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
This is Bintang today, way worst then few days ago... My Vet never seen a sphinx before so I am worried he is treating him with the wrong medicines. He still thinks it's an allergy

Your not using World's Best Cat Litter, by any chance are you?
It is very bad to cause yeast infection and allergies.
What do you feed him?
Do you use fabric softener in his blankets or clothes?
I would try to find a better Vet. Do you have any Universities
close to you, that's has college of Vet School?
That would be better than what your Vet is Doing. If you can't
find another Vet. Did he do blood work, or a skin test?

Kiapi

Lairian
Hi All,

Below is the prescription for Bintang for his skin rush, and also Chief for his watery eyes. It seems like both therapies are working well... Thank God!! Hinting skin rush is dry now and slowly disappearing and Chief does not seem to "cry" anymore..

Thank you All for the thoughts and advises. Will keep you posted

Chiara
Bintang Prescription.JPG

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
YAY! Congrats! So glad for you.

I hope you find some other Sphynx lovers in Shanghai too.

Back