Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skin spots suddenly appeared

k9guy

Lairian
Any help would be greatly appreciated. These spots appeared on Gimli’s face within the last day or, he does not have them anywhere else and they do not seem like they bother him at all.

They are not raised or bumpy. Any thoughts would be great, a little concerned. He goes for his final evaluation tomorrow to be certified as a therapy cat and now this pops up, I hope I am worrying about nothing.
D5E60545-C875-436D-B683-C07858259A6A.jpeg
D5E60545-C875-436D-B683-C07858259A6A.jpeg

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Any help would be greatly appreciated. These spots appeared on Gimli’s face within the last day or, he does not have them anywhere else and they do not seem like they bother him at all.

They are not raised or bumpy. Any thoughts would be great, a little concerned. He goes for his final evaluation tomorrow to be certified as a therapy cat and now this pops up, I hope I am worrying about nothing.View attachment 94328View attachment 94328

Try wiping his face after meals. Frida gets this if she has food residue left. If this is the issue it will clear quickly. 3-5 days.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Anything new they are rubbing their face on? Have seen similar with cats rubbing on crate bars etc.

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@k9guy great advice shared ...
just the other day my 8 yr old decided to rub his face on the tall candle in the bathroom! Never ever did this before .. he does rub his head , face on the floor cardboard scratcher amd gets marks on his face.
Keep an eye out as you are and keep us updated

So excited for Team Gimli tomorrow ! Hugs n positve vibes!
Following for updates!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Good luck tomorrow!

Can it be dirt? Can be hard to get it off. My boy Toa has similar spots like this now and then. I can't get them of with the baby wipes and need coconut oil to get if off.

Let us know how fhe final evaluation went!

Sheldon13

Staff member
From the placement and shape it looks like he is sticking his face somewhere and pressing hard or rubbing excessively. Maybe where the treats are? Or a favorite toy?

It would be like the marks you get on your face if you stick a glass cup around the outside of your mouth and suck the air out for a few minutes. Try it, you’ll see what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@k9guy , great update ..
Following closely for updates on Team Gimli ‘s therapy cat final eval today !
All paws crossed!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@k9guy wooo hooo! Congrats Team Gimli! So so proud of you !

Handsome Gimli is going to change lives forever ((((hugs)) n head smooches !

I hope you post an official Gimli therapy cat thread !
Look forward to pics of Gimli warming hearts and touching lives ...
What an honor !

59739B01-1D7E-4A6B-B891-B89419B9D13B.jpeg

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@k9guy Congratulations! That is awesome! I will have to look into this for my boy. I think the more we let people meet a sweet Sphynx, the more people will see that they aren't "ugly" or "creepy" :)

Back