Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SL is My Happy Place

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Despite the heart wrenching sadness on the boards some days, Sphynx Lair is still my happy place. The sincere outpouring of love and support between members makes this the first place I run to when I get pissed off and need to regroup.

My immediate family is getting very excited about bringing another Sphynx into our home. My daughters can barely contain themselves and can't wait to do more shopping for Gleek. Even my husband is getting into the act making suggestions of what we need to get, God bless him.

Other than posting the news here, I haven't told anyone else about my plans. But now that it looks like he will be here soon, I decided to start breaking the news.

Unfortunately the very first response I got was "Oh don't tell me you are getting another one of those god awful, ugly cats."

I thought my head was going to explode!

Happy place.... happy place.... happy place....

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I took Ollie to the groomer today and a lady with a shih tzu said, "Oh my God that is an ugly dog!" :Surprise: To which I replied, "I know, I guess that's why they call them shi* zuus, but I am sure you love it anyway." :Laugh: She just stared at me horrified, but I mean really how can you insult someone's pet and not expect it to be handed back at you?

Gleek is lovely, and I believe will spread the joy of sphynx to many through your therapy work. We are happy to be your supportive happy place!:Laugh:

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I took Ollie to the groomer today and a lady with a shih tzu said, "Oh my God that is an ugly dog!" :Surprise: To which I replied, "I know, I guess that's why they call them shi* zuus, but I am sure you love it anyway." :Laugh: She just stared at me horrified, but I mean really how can you insult someone's pet and not expect it to be handed back at you?:

I WISH I could think this quick!:LOL::LOL:

Yes, definitely Sphynx Lair is my happy place also. All I have to do is look at everyone's albums and all is right with the world. Congrat on Gleek!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Bella07

Banned
I must admit the truth....I was one of those people who called Sphynx ugly, and said I would never, ever own such a ugly cat. Afterall, what in the world is the point of having a cat without fur?

I actually joined Sphynxlair for fun in hopes to see why you all loved these hairless cats. After reading some posts on the board, I quickly became intrigued. Not even a month later, I visited a breeders house to meet some Sphynx cats. Although she wasn't a reputable breeder in my mind, I still had the joy of falling in love with this breed....

So, this is my happy place as well! You all introduced me to a breed, that I would have never have considered owning before Sphynxlair. So, THANK YOU!

Now I can't wait to finally own my own Sphynx. MMSB, I am so happy that your family is excited for your new boy! Well are all so happy for you as well. Instead of ignoring the Sphynx haters....expose the true beauty of the breed to them. So you can turn a hater, into a lover like I was!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I took Ollie to the groomer today and a lady with a shih tzu said, "Oh my God that is an ugly dog!" :Surprise: To which I replied, "I know, I guess that's why they call them shi* zuus, but I am sure you love it anyway." :Laugh: She just stared at me horrified, but I mean really how can you insult someone's pet and not expect it to be handed back at you?

Gleek is lovely, and I believe will spread the joy of sphynx to many through your therapy work. We are happy to be your supportive happy place!:Laugh:

Gadzukz, you always crack me up!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Heck yeah, you should be a lawyer with that quick thinking. I would have said something like "it ain't no dog you stupid bitch. But that is one ugly looking human holding that shih-tzu". Meoweeeeoooooo! I'm in a goofy mood today.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Heck yeah, you should be a lawyer with that quick thinking. I would have said something like "it ain't no dog you stupid bitch. But that is one ugly looking human holding that shih-tzu". Meoweeeeoooooo! I'm in a goofy mood today.

lol, whoa Mike, easy there big fella!:LOL: ummm, Ollie IS my dog.

Bella~ Welcome to the darkside, we have cookies!

MMSB~ No one in my immediate family (besides hubby and kids) like my sphynx. They all think she is creepy or ugly, To heck with em I say! Happiness in my home is all that really matters! I can not wait to hear of your many new Gleekventures!

I took Alice out in her stroller to the park and some lady with a stroller came over and looked at Alice and said "That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen! It's so gross!" So I looked into her stroller and sighed dramaitcaly and said "Don't blame me lady, you gave birth to it. If you don't like it, don't show it off." And then Alice ad I walked away. She shouted some mean things at me but Alice and I just laughed.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I took Alice out in her stroller to the park and some lady with a stroller came over and looked at Alice and said "That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen! It's so gross!" So I looked into her stroller and sighed dramaitcaly and said "Don't blame me lady, you gave birth to it. If you don't like it, don't show it off." And then Alice ad I walked away. She shouted some mean things at me but Alice and I just laughed.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Pity those people, because they will never know the joy of being loved by a sphynx.

People with narrow minds and shallow hearts miss out on a lot of love.

I would have hit them.............

My kids were standing right there. Sometimes it sucks being a good role model.

May all those sphynx haters get a scratch on the face from a lovely award winning sphynx. OK, maybe not a scratch but a little bite on the thumb.

Eventually I hope Gleek farts in her general direction.

Gleek is lovely, and I believe will spread the joy of sphynx to many through your therapy work. We are happy to be your supportive happy place!

You are so quick witted. I'm the queen of the delayed zinger that no one ever gets to hear.

I WISH I could think this quick!

Yes, definitely Sphynx Lair is my happy place also. All I have to do is look at everyone's albums and all is right with the world. Congrat on Gleek!! Can't wait to see pictures.

I wish I could do anything as fast and clever as Gadzkukz! Thanks for the Congrats.

I must admit the truth....I was one of those people who called Sphynx ugly, and said I would never, ever own such a ugly cat. Afterall, what in the world is the point of having a cat without fur?

I actually joined Sphynxlair for fun in hopes to see why you all loved these hairless cats. After reading some posts on the board, I quickly became intrigued. Not even a month later, I visited a breeders house to meet some Sphynx cats. Although she wasn't a reputable breeder in my mind, I still had the joy of falling in love with this breed....

So, this is my happy place as well! You all introduced me to a breed, that I would have never have considered owning before Sphynxlair. So, THANK YOU!

Now I can't wait to finally own my own Sphynx. MMSB, I am so happy that your family is excited for your new boy! Well are all so happy for you as well. Instead of ignoring the Sphynx haters....expose the true beauty of the breed to them. So you can turn a hater, into a lover like I was!

Thank goodness you were cured! All it takes is love

Gadzukz, you always crack me up!!!

Gadzukz gets me all the time. I have to be careful or eating and drinking when I read her posts.

:LOL::LOL: You ARE in a goofy mood today!

lol, whoa Mike, easy there big fella!:LOL: ummm, Ollie IS my dog.

Bella~ Welcome to the darkside, we have cookies!

MMSB~ No one in my immediate family (besides hubby and kids) like my sphynx. They all think she is creepy or ugly, To heck with em I say! Happiness in my home is all that really matters! I can not wait to hear of your many new Gleekventures!

It all boils down to happiness. I am really over the moon thinking about havign a Sphynx running around the house again. It makes me forget all the naughtiness and early wake up calls.

Now THAT's quick. As Mike said, Meeoow.

I don't know about you but I think Mike and Sianne could kick some hater a$$.

LOL You have waaaayyyy more nerve than me!!! I would storm off all p.o.'d but wouldn't have the guts to say anything. I always wish I could sass back, but never do. Good for you!!! :ThumbsUp:

I just stood there and gnashed my teeth. If I had attempted to say anything it would have come out as foolish stutterings, "Oh yeah? Well, umm well... I know you are but what am I?"

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I feel sorry for people who will never know the love of a Sphynx because they can't give them a chance. I think if they would just hold one and feel that soft skin and hear that sweet purr, they would be instant converts.

I think so too. Touching them is definately part of their charm. I think Gleek will make a great pet assisted therapy cat....now I hope he has the personality to tolerate and convert grumpy people.

Forget the haters!! You will have your baby soon!:Smile:

BTW, Gleek... as in relation to the show gLee?

Yes. I just love that show. It is one of the only shows I watch and the only one I throughly enjoy from start to finish. Not to mention I am the biggest geek.

LOL This thread is halarious. I usually always say something back and pray for the soul who crosses me on a bad day. Regardless, after the fact, I always think of something 10 times better after the moment has passed. lol

My response time is almost always delayed. However my best come back was when I was at the vet with my black lab. She's none too bright but gorgeous. I was standing in the lobby checking in when some man on a bench turned to the woman next to him and said, "Wow what a good looking bitch." I turned, gave him a wicked smile and said, "Why, thank you." The woman just burst out laughing.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My response time is almost always delayed. However my best come back was when I was at the vet with my black lab. She's none too bright but gorgeous. I was standing in the lobby checking in when some man on a bench turned to the woman next to him and said, "Wow what a good looking bitch." I turned, gave him a wicked smile and said, "Why, thank you." The woman just burst out laughing.

:LOL::Hysterical:

susi794

Staff member

LOVE IT!!!!!:LOL::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

gizmo6370

Banned

Rofl :LOL::LOL:
As i said before....i love your sense of humor:ThumbsUp:

Back