Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sleep tight, Tyr

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Today we had to make the decision to have our beloved German shepherd, Tyr, put to sleep. The partial paralysis in his rear half was gradually getting worse and whilst we'd been dealing for some time with him not realising he'd pooped, yesterday he completely lost control of his bladder. The vet said that the paralysis would continue creeping up his spine and the function that had already gone wouldn't return so it wasn't fair to let him continue deteriorating. I took him to the vet this evening and he passed away peacefully in my arms.

We got him from the rescue centre in 2013 when he was 4 1/2 years old. He'd been mistreated and came with a whole host of issues that, despite all the love and patience we gave him, never truly resolved. But we learned to adapt so he could still enjoy a good quality of life. Now there's a massive Tyr-shaped hole in our hearts.

IMG_20210413_221748.jpg

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bless you for giving him a beautiful forever home and a forever place in your heart. To make such a beautiful life for him you truly are a special person.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sorry for your loss.

Boy he was gorgeous. He reminds me of the first dog we got when I was a kid. My parents showed up with a German shepherd puppy they rescued from the Humane Society. His name was George and the funny thing is my dad and my brother were both George so we had 3 Georges in the house. If you said "George has to pee" you had to be very specific.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
My heart hurts right along with yours. Your sweet pup knew nothing but your love and I hope you know that is EVERYTHING. You have given a life of love and gave the hardest gift ...peace. Hugs are sent...keep the best memories closest to your as you make your way through a different norm. Going to light a candle in memory of your Tyr right now.

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
German shepherds are amazing and complex dogs. I foster cared for many rescued GSDs and they have a lot of love and loyalty to give, and are equally sensitive to their experiences. So sorry for your loss of that wonderful connection.

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I’m so sorry for your loss, loosing a pet as we all know causes our hearts to hurt so much and I hope that pain eases a little for you soon.
Sending comfort hugs your way ❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Beckinboots , oh sweet, (((squeeze hugs))) I am so very sorry sweet Tyr got his angel wings. He knew love because of your hearts and home and that is everything. My heartfelt condolences, I know the pain to well with my big pups to be their voice with wings of peace and dignity. Remember the love , soo much love. lighting a candle for your Beloved Tyr. my boys will meet your Tyr and share stories of all the love known in this world.

Attachments

• PAWPRINT CANDLE.jpeg
    PAWPRINT CANDLE.jpeg
    2.4 KB · Views: 31
  • rainbow sky.jpg
    rainbow sky.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 31
Back