Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sleep

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya everyone well it’s now 3:37 am in the uk and I still haven’t been asleep !
Since I was seriously ill a few month ago my body clock as gone worse than ever I have never been a good sleeper . But lately it’s really got terrible
I have tried everything every trick in the book . My doctor said there is no such thing as you can’t sleep !
Well I am very sorry DR BLINKING OSBORNE !! I am living proof !
I will get extremely tired at around 5 am then I will nod off until around 10 am when my carer comes in to help me get ready etc then around 4pm il be fit for nothing and maybe just maybe I will have a cat nap !
Hot milk before bed check !
Nytol check !
Half a banana with a teaspoon of peanut butter check !
Lettuce check !
Few almonds check !
Counting sheep just don’t go there for your own sanity check !
Nice bath with oils check !
Burning lavender check !

Any advances on any of the above ???
I will literally try any thing !! Except standing on me head ah ha
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Anita Eccleston
My mom can't sleep either ! Just went to her doc yesterday for follow up on something else

Let me know of you find something that works
(Melatonin didn't work )

I tried to ask if she wanted to go to the gym with me late and just walk on the treadmill or pedal a stationary bike then hot shower relax and go to bed
Nope she is not having that
Back to the drawing board

Hugs and healing vibes !

Mediation ? Biorhythm feedback?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Having a walk before bedtime?

But most important I think is to keep yourself busy between 5 and 10 am so you can't nod off. Cause when you sleep 5 hours during daytime you can't sleep during nighttime I'm afraid

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Having a walk before bedtime?

But most important I think is to keep yourself busy between 5 and 10 am so you can't nod off. Cause when you sleep 5 hours during daytime you can't sleep during nighttime I'm afraid
Hi there ! Yes I know about the sleeping during the day but I do get really exhausted . This is what the dr said to sleep when I’m able ,but trying to explain it’s not natural to be asleep when everyone else is awake and vice a versa . I am house bound and my legs don’t work lol so I can’t go for a walk and can’t really exercise .. I’m a lost cause lol
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston oh I'm so sorry. Didn't know you can't walk! Feeling embarrased about suggesting ro go for a walk. I'm really sorry!
Hiya love
I’m laughing here ! Do not be silly how was you to know !! Was in a car crash 18 yrs ago .. then had surgery on my legs and it went wrong . Got infection in the bone on both legs so no idea what he did .. but his reply and I wish I had recorded him saying this !!! He said Warrington hospital is dirty and he won’t be doing surgery there again !! But so is life xxx❤️❤️❤️

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Anita, have you tried head space, I have it on my phone as an app, as I work different shifts I struggle to sleep but I find this helps me! It’s like meditation and the man talks you through it, taking breaths in and out and stuff! Xxx

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya everyone well it’s now 3:37 am in the uk and I still haven’t been asleep !
Since I was seriously ill a few month ago my body clock as gone worse than ever I have never been a good sleeper . But lately it’s really got terrible
I have tried everything every trick in the book . My doctor said there is no such thing as you can’t sleep !
Well I am very sorry DR BLINKING OSBORNE !! I am living proof !
I will get extremely tired at around 5 am then I will nod off until around 10 am when my carer comes in to help me get ready etc then around 4pm il be fit for nothing and maybe just maybe I will have a cat nap !
Hot milk before bed check !
Nytol check !
Half a banana with a teaspoon of peanut butter check !
Lettuce check !
Few almonds check !
Counting sheep just don’t go there for your own sanity check !
Nice bath with oils check !
Burning lavender check !

Any advances on any of the above ???
I will literally try any thing !! Except standing on me head ah ha
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Anita
Sorry to hear you're having trouble sleeping. I used to do shift work and had trouble switching my sleeping pattern around. When I couldn't get off to the land of nod valerian tea would do the trick. It takes some getting used to but it works. And you do get used to it eventually. It's available in health shops (not sure if I'm allowed to mention names here but the well known one in nearly every English town with the green sign and initials H&B stock it). Also, the Paul McKenna hypnosis CDs are very good.

I hope this helps and wish you pleasant dreams

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston Sorry to hear you've been so unwell, and really hope you're on the mend! If you're still having trouble sleeping I wanted to suggest Mirtazapine. It's used as an antidepressant, but is also really good for sleep issues and you take it in the late evening. My sister was prescribed it when she was having real trouble sleeping and it really helped her to get a healthy sleep pattern back (she was not depressed, just had a sleep disorder at the time and only took it for as long as she felt she needed it).

Sheldon13

Staff member
Personally I use Lunesta (generic brand though). I’ve tried others and they always make me feel hung over, especially Ambien. But Lunesta just helps me gently go to sleep and wake up refreshed.

Back