Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Slippery Elm Bark for chronic diarrhea

momdeeze

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My two boy Sphynx have chronic diarrhea. Monday's had it since birth and Mortimer developed his when I (slowly) tried a new kibble even when we went back to the old kibble. I have tried everything: Multiple medical tests, multiple food trials, pumpkin, fiber, etc. The only thing that moderately controls it is a complete raw diet. Even with the raw diet though oftentimes they still have very soft poop. The last two weeks I've been using a "syrup" of Slippery Elm Bark and they have had their first real firm poops and it's been firm for the whole two weeks I've been using the Slippery Elm Bark. I use the recipe for the Slippery Elm Syrup at the bottom of this article: http://www.littlebigcat.com/health/slippery-elm/ I highly recommend it, it is working wonders for Monday & Mort and they must like how it tastes, they gobble it down mixed in with their raw diet.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
My two boy Sphynx have chronic diarrhea. Monday's had it since birth and Mortimer developed his when I (slowly) tried a new kibble even when we went back to the old kibble. I have tried everything: Multiple medical tests, multiple food trials, pumpkin, fiber, etc. The only thing that moderately controls it is a complete raw diet. Even with the raw diet though oftentimes they still have very soft poop. The last two weeks I've been using a "syrup" of Slippery Elm Bark and they have had their first real firm poops and it's been firm for the whole two weeks I've been using the Slippery Elm Bark. I use the recipe for the Slippery Elm Syrup at the bottom of this article: http://www.littlebigcat.com/health/slippery-elm/ I highly recommend it, it is working wonders for Monday & Mort and they must like how it tastes, they gobble it down mixed in with their raw diet.
Thats good news - thanks for the info. :)