Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Slow feeder and lick mat recommendations

Donatella87

Lairian
Hey sphynxlair neighbors! My sphynx kitty loves to gobble down her wet food too quickly and sometimes gets sick from overeating. I've got an automatic dry food dispenser that's been great. Does anyone have recommendations for a lick mat or slow feeder for wet food? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20221223_102008.jpg
    IMG_20221223_102008.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20230506_184451_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230506_184451_Facebook.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 23

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey sphynxlair neighbors! My sphynx kitty loves to gobble down her wet food too quickly and sometimes gets sick from overeating. I've got an automatic dry food dispenser that's been great. Does anyone have recommendations for a lick mat or slow feeder for wet food? Thanks in advance!
I have been using a slow feed for my boy. He is also a hoover and gobbles his food. Currently using a small dog one but just ordered another one from Amazon and it should arrive today. Here is a picture of the one I’ve been using. I will update once we start the new one.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.jpeg
    IMG_1544.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 23

Donatella87

Lairian
Thank you for the information. I'm looking forward to the update when you try the new one.
I have been using a slow feed for my boy. He is also a hoover and gobbles his food. Currently using a small dog one but just ordered another one from Amazon and it should arrive today. Here is a picture of the one I’ve been using. I will update once we start the new one.
Oh, I've heard those slow feeders can be a game-changer for eager eaters! Hope the new one works out even better. Let me know how it goes; maybe I'll consider one for my kitty too!

Yana and Osiris

Lairian
I think it's normal for gluttonous cats to inhale food and throw up. I've also been using a slow feeder after the recommendation from this community folks. He has never vomited again.
From my vet: even if your cat doesn't puke, slow feeders are still recommended for all cats, it will prevent them from getting gastritis in late age.

Donatella87

Lairian
I think it's normal for gluttonous cats to inhale food and throw up. I've also been using a slow feeder after the recommendation from this community folks. He has never vomited again.
From my vet: even if your cat doesn't puke, slow feeders are still recommended for all cats, it will prevent them from getting gastritis in late age.
Thank you for your input. Which slow feeder do you find works best for your sphynx?

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok so after some time with the different versions I would say that the 2 new ones are best for wet food/ pate. The other one is great for dry food that is until they figure out how to flip it over lol!

Attachments

• IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1678.jpeg
    IMG_1678.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1677.jpeg
    IMG_1677.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 12

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My vet uses this one, forgot to mention. If your paws flip the bowls, carpet can be helpful. Will also keep them busy and stop from swallowing food in batches.
It’s like a snuffle mat we use them for dogs also to keep their noses busy searching for treats. They are great!

Back