Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Small bumps on back

Lola Dineen

Lairian
Hi all,

I've searched the forum but wanted to get your opinion. Biggie, one of my boys (almost 3 years old) has these 2 small hard bumps that have appeared on his back.

I've not noticed them before, and the only thing I can think is he got his booster vaccinations 2 weeks ago, so possibly they're related to that.

Has anyone experienced this before? Feel I should probably take him to the vet to ensure it's not something serious.

Pics below...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
I would call and ask the vet and ask if it's related to his recent vaccines ?
Lumps cam be from a number of things from allergies to cysts , fatty lipomas etc
But being recent vaccines I would kcal other vet amd let them know

Head smooches to Biggie !
Keep us updated often

Lola Dineen

Lairian
I would call and ask the vet and ask if it's related to his recent vaccines ?
Lumps cam be from a number of things from allergies to cysts , fatty lipomas etc
But being recent vaccines I would kcal other vet amd let them know

Head smooches to Biggie !
Keep us updated often

Thanks!

I managed to get a vet appointment first thing this morning (thanks, Cambridge Veterinary Group!) - turns out these are most likely insect bites...

In the harsh light of the vet's you could see a tinge of redness underneath the bumps which I couldn't see at home...she said to monitor them for change in size and certainly bring him back if they enlarge or if more appear. Fingers crossed they disappear on their own soon!

My boys do have supervised outdoor time but for some reason I didn't really consider these could be bites...relieved for now!

Thank you for the quick reply!!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My girl got tiny ones like that if I go too long with out bathing her. I thought it was a skin condition, so didn't bath to not irritate, swapped foods and nothing. Gave her a bath and a few days they were gone. Now I watch it and I can keep them gone. The vet was stumped on what it was originally
Hopefully it's nothing serious!!

Lola Dineen

Lairian
My girl got tiny ones like that if I go too long with out bathing her. I thought it was a skin condition, so didn't bath to not irritate, swapped foods and nothing. Gave her a bath and a few days they were gone. Now I watch it and I can keep them gone. The vet was stumped on what it was originally
Hopefully it's nothing serious!!

Looks like these were insect bites and already have started fading - fingers crossed they go away completely!

I bath every 1-2 weeks depending on dirt levels and have never seen bumps before so was definitely stumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk