Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Small, random red dots on Peterbald

Clawed Monet

Lairian
I have a beautiful 6 year old Peterbald kitten; Clawed Monet. Our care and grooming routine is regular and she quite enjoys the usual warm bath, light exfoliating and coconut moisturizing. After her last bath, Monet now has small red, non raised dots all over her body with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

Attachments

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair. It looks like an allergic reaction. Did you change food, litter, detergent or put a new shirt on etc?

BTW cute name @Clawed Monet

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Clawed Monet welcomimg you amd adorable Momet to the lair family ...
I switched years ago to soap free Hylyt shampoo recommended by a member .
Overbathing can cause skin issues too.. hoe often do you bath her ? Some suggest every 3 weeks or so to allow the skin to do its natural thing , using fragrance free alcohol free baby wipes for in between spa day

Two members recently posted their kitties got a skin reaction to coconut oil .
Tagging @Monica about the coconut oil reaction
Perhaps discontinuing the coconut oil for a bit and change of laundry detergents will bring relief

Another member posted her sphynx was allergic to gain laundry pods . She switched to Dreft .

Many of us keep on hand Vetericyn spray or hydrogel to use on skin . It’s non toxic and really helps on any skin nicks and bumps .

Following closely for updates

Head smooches sent to Gorgeous Monet

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Clawed Monet yah! Great update ! So glad the simple change of detergent cleared up here skin!
Tagging @Ceecee

Please share the brand / pic of the detergent that made all the difference

It will be very helpful to all of us

Head smooches to Monet

Last edited:

Clawed Monet

Lairian
I purchase Nellie’s powder laundry soap. It’s usually 21 Canadian dollars in stores but I got it for 12 on Amazon Prime. Nellie’s line is free of harmful toxins, phosphates and synthetic fragrances as well as being biodegradable! I also bought their pet shampoo and Monet has had no allergic reaction to it even though she is a sensitive cat. Would recommend!

Attachments