Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sneak Peek on Sphynx Painting

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Guys!

This darling lady, Shannon, is a wonderful painter- and she has two of my babies going on 3 years old in her home! Anyways, she is painting this beautiful Sphynx (using Zoltan as her model, but Neala as her color pallete) and we will be listing it on Ebay when it's finished...

Isn't it gorgeous?

Attachments

• 36874_1508741322539_1354521426_1395835_2787740_n.jpg
    36874_1508741322539_1354521426_1395835_2787740_n.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 76

Ducky01

Lairian
Amazing....that takes such talent, I can't imagine just looking at something and coming up with that on canvas.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love it! It inspires me, I used to do a lot of painting but havn't done it for so long. Looking at that makes me want to get back into it.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Your friend does wonderful work. It looks a lot like the picture you posted of Zoltan, and its a nice way to honor Neala's pretty coloring too.

firehillqueen

Banned
I swear I am inspired. I LOVE looking at other artists creativity. I really should get busy and make some Sphynx paintings. I am lucky enough to have some inspiring models. Odd that I drew up the logo that I am using for an avatar before I had these three youngsters. I am seriously thinking of changing the cat in my Praise of Bask digital painting to a Sphynx cat. I have thought of doing a companion piece. .. hum.. maybe I should. This would be a great place to test one to see how its received.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think too many artists draw/paint shabby Sphynxes- if you are inspired, you all should go for it! I'm sure your artwork would be 110% more inspired then those who have no Sphynxes in their lives!

And yes, she took Zoltan's basic portrait and turned it into Neala with her coloring! LOL! Magic, I say!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I will! I love it- I wonder if she can make prints? I'm that in love with it!

It'd be nice to have a print of it to put on top of Neala's show cage when we get her to a show (as a HHP or even as an alter). Yes, I' m thinking POSITIVE THOUGHTS TODAY.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Is it still going up on Ebay?

Prints are a great idea as well for those of us who get out bid...I'd love to have atleast a print!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
From the sounds of it, I"M getting this painting to keep for myself and she's making another one for Ebay. :) I will update- promise- when they are done.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
From the sounds of it, I"M getting this painting to keep for myself and she's making another one for Ebay. :) I will update- promise- when they are done.

Good for you! I think you deserve it and was wondering if you were doing that, which is why I asked. I know I would do the same. lol

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I asked after everything happened... You know I'd much prefer my baby girl to a painting, but you take what you can get- you know? I'll say it over and over, though, Neala and I were truly blessed with all of you and our friends and family locally as well.

Back