Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sneezing and Limping!

Brooke

Banned
Nelson and Helen are both on Doxycycline right now for URI. Seems like it must be going around right now, maybe because of the weather...?

And, Walter had to go to the vet a couple days ago because he basically sprained his ankle. There's a term for the muscle he pulled, but I didn't write it down and cannot remember the name... He's crazy, jumps on everything, and runs through the house like he's on speed...apparently he zigged when he should have zagged and pulled it. His back leg was all swollen and he was limping. Urgh. And, the vet says usually if this happens once, it's likely to happen again. He recommended bed rest for Walter and then we both laughed! :LOL:

Mandy, however, is apparently impervious to everything and remains as healthy as can be. I hope that continues forever and ever!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope they all feel better.
Coco is on that same med.
It has helped her and the green discharge is gone.
it is the weather.
My vet said thee is so many Uri's going around.
Your Mandy sounds like my Sasha.
The vet told me she is one of the heathiest cats she has ever seen.

Brooke

Banned
I hope they all feel better.
Coco is on that same med.
It has helped her and the green discharge is gone.
it is the weather.
My vet said thee is so many Uri's going around.
Your Mandy sounds like my Sasha.
The vet told me she is one of the heathiest cats she has ever seen.

Thanks, Jacky. I'm glad to hear Coco is getting better! Helen has been on a few different antibiotics and the Doxy seems like it's finally working.

I always say Mandy is so mean, even the germs are afraid to be near her. It's the tortitude. :LOL:

Brooke

Banned
Poor Walter, I hope he heels quickly. I zigged today too when I should have zagged, turned my ankle over and have been on ice all day. NO FUN! I totally feel Walters pain. xoxo

Yikes! I hope your ankle heals as quickly as Walter's is. He's managed to chase Mandy around the house at top speed on 3 legs...completely un-phased!! I thought about icing his leg, but...uh, that wouldn't have gone over well! :LOL:

Poor Walter...you just can't keep him down!! I hope that they both get better real quick. Just how exactly did the vet propose that you keep Walter on "bedrest"?? LOL:LOL:

:LOL::LOL: I think he knew how absurd that was before he even said it!!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Walter seems hardcore!! I am glad that he is still able to get around. Putting ice on his leg would probably be a sight you would have to see!! LOL

susi794

Staff member
Brooke,
I'm sending healing prayers your way for Walter and everyone on the doxy for the URI's.
I want the sun to come out and kill all the damn viruses--seems like everyone's babies are getting sick. Get well soon!

Brooke

Banned
I hope everyone heals quickly!
Walter and Haji must be brothers from another mother - he's forever banging himself up! Must be the brown tabby (I think thats what walter is!)

Yup, Walter's a a "brown mackerel tabby" I don't know what the mackerel part means, must have something to do with the pattern of his stripes/spots? I'm awful with colors...it makes my head spin!

gizmo6370

Banned
Yup, Walter's a a "brown mackerel tabby" I don't know what the mackerel part means, must have something to do with the pattern of his stripes/spots? I'm awful with colors...it makes my head spin!

Tabbies.
Tabby cats are striped. There are several patterns:
-“mackerelâ€: thin stripes running parallel. What most people refer to as “tigerâ€.
- “classic tabbyâ€: big, whirling patterns on the sides, like a marbled cake. In the UK this pattern is called “blotchedâ€.
- “spottedâ€: these cats have spots on their sides, which can differ in size, and may look like the interrupted lines of a mackerel tabby.
-“tickedâ€, also called “Abyssinian†or “Agoutiâ€. These cats don't show stripes on their bodies, only in their faces.

:Wink: :Smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brooke

Banned
Tabbies.
Tabby cats are striped. There are several patterns:
-“mackerelâ€: thin stripes running parallel. What most people refer to as “tigerâ€.
- “classic tabbyâ€: big, whirling patterns on the sides, like a marbled cake. In the UK this pattern is called “blotchedâ€.
- “spottedâ€: these cats have spots on their sides, which can differ in size, and may look like the interrupted lines of a mackerel tabby.
-“tickedâ€, also called “Abyssinian†or “Agoutiâ€. These cats don't show stripes on their bodies, only in their faces.

:Wink: :Smile:

Thanks, Cristina! That helped a lot. :ThumbsUp: Every other description I've read just confused me!

Last edited by a moderator:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Blue is a blue mackerel tabby and acts the same way. Maybe "mackerel" means "acts like one has dynamite up their backend" in some foreign language!! :LOL::LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh poor Walter. I was going to post about how clumsy sphynx can be! My mom commented "aren't cats supposed to be agile? My cat was never like this." :LOL: Sophie is forever "spinning out" on the floors and sometimes even gives a half effort to climb up me like a tree. I always wonder, why the half ditch effort when you're going to fall backwards? Hope Walter takes a break from being a maniac so he can heal!

Hope Helen and Nelson feel better. Maybe they have the "kissing disease". :LOL: But really well wishes to both!

Brooke

Banned
Oh poor Walter. I was going to post about how clumsy sphynx can be! My mom commented "aren't cats supposed to be agile? My cat was never like this." :LOL: Sophie is forever "spinning out" on the floors and sometimes even gives a half effort to climb up me like a tree. I always wonder, why the half ditch effort when you're going to fall backwards? Hope Walter takes a break from being a maniac so he can heal!

Hope Helen and Nelson feel better. Maybe they have the "kissing disease". :LOL: But really well wishes to both!

:LOL::LOL: Give Sophie a year or so...Walter actually DOES climb me like a tree. All the way up my back and on to my shoulders. I especially enjoy it when I'm wearing a tank top and he digs his nails into my shoulders.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL: Give Sophie a year or so...Walter actually DOES climb me like a tree. All the way up my back and on to my shoulders. I especially enjoy it when I'm wearing a tank top and he digs his nails into my shoulders.

It is definitely really painful- I notice I don't get the full effect of the pain and burn til she's landed on my shoulders. Sometimes she changes her mind half way or the material is not conducive to her claws and she slips off. :Hysterical:

Back