Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sneezing and puked

Festerchat

Lairian
Hi guys!

Poor little Fester is not having a great day. He's been sneezing pretty regularly for about 45 minutes and then he just puked up what could have been water, could have been bile? I'm not sure. It wasn't on an area where i could get a good idea of the color. He doesn't have a runny nose and I haven't noticed anything else wrong.

Any advice, any ideas what could be?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Have you had a vet check? I would try to get him in to the vet quickly and if you can, video the sneezing. Your vet will most likely start an antibiotic.

Patti

Festerchat

Lairian
Have you had a vet check? I would try to get him in to the vet quickly and if you can, video the sneezing. Your vet will most likely start an antibiotic.

Patti

Everything is closed tonight. I'll try and take him tomorrow and see if I can't get a video tonight. thank you!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Any food changes? Air fresheners , candles, etc?

Good advice to wellness check amd a video to hoe vet

((Hugs))) positive vibes sent
And head smooches to baby Fester
(Love his name :))

Festerchat

Lairian
I did just get a new air freshner. It's one of those plugin fabreeze ones. He can't get into it but i suppose that could cause the sneezing. It's in another room. I'll go ahead and unplug it.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Stay positive, my guess is a URI. Just know the breed does not usually do well on Clavamox. Many find Orbax is good, or Doxycyline which covers a wider spectrum. Please update us.

Patti

Festerchat

Lairian
I'll bring
Stay positive, my guess is a URI. Just know the breed does not usually do well on Clavamox. Many find Orbax is good, or Doxycyline which covers a wider spectrum. Please update us.

Patti

I'll bring that up to my Vet. He's usually pretty good about listening to things I read on here lol

Festerchat

Lairian

Patti

I'll bring that up to my Vet. He's usually pretty good about listening to things I read on here lol

Festerchat

Lairian
Eyes clear? No yellowish /greenish discharge?

Nope. He's clear-eyed. It's just that sneezing and puking. Once he puked, he hid in a box and now he's passed out under a blanket. I think the puking took it out of him. I have a vet appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I'll definitely update you :)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Poor little muffin. Sending you healing vibes! Please keep us informed. Hopefully Fester will take in some water (which he may throw up, but it's important he be hydrated). Hugs.

Festerchat

Lairian
So I didn't take Fester to the vet. I was feeling a bit under the weather myself. However, he is not sneezing any longer and no more puking. I took the air freshner out and hid it away and he seems to be feeling better. I think it was the air freshner. I'm keeping an eye on him to make sure that he's better.

Back