Snuggle Bug | Sphynxlair

Snuggle Bug

Discussion in 'Pet product reviews' started by kalliee129, May 24, 2009.

1. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    I ran across this web site that has the greatest pet carrier ever. It can be a pet carrier, a bed, a burrow or a car seat. It's called the Snuggle Bug and can be found that this website.

http://petflys.com/snugglebug.html

2. sydkat7

sydkat7V.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    It's kinda pricey ($90 each...yikes!) but it sure is cute! Looks almost like a designer tote bag!

3. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLocoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,459.20
    Ratings:
    +992
    I can't remember who mentioned it but someone said something about a pet carrier similar to a baby carrier. Anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, what do they look like? I'm sort of interested in one.

4. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
  5. silly4lilly

silly4lillyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $418.61
    Ratings:
    +73

if you are talking about pet strollers, i just got mine off ebay for around $50 w/ free shipping. its actually really sturdy and it looks like a ready baby stroller. it even came with a rain cover incase it rains. both my kitties fit in it. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

6. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLocoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,459.20
    Ratings:
    +992
    I think your kitties are spoiled rotten silly4lilly. Can I come live with you so you can spoil me too? hehehe, I gotta see a photo of your kitties in the stroller.

7. kalliee129

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    elgatoloco that was me too. I got it at petsmart in the dog section. I found it int he isle where they have pet life preservers and stuff. It basically looks like a backward book bag. I wear it on my chest and Meecho sits in the pouch. They make different styles but Meecho likes the one that is in front so she can hear my heartbeat. It can range in price depending on the size. I ended up getting Meecho the medium one so there was room for her to move around as well as room for a blanket if it was chilly. I think I paid like $30 for it. Petco had it as well, but they wanted like $20 more then petsmart was asking for it. Here is the link to what I have.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753711

8. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    silly4lilly, thanks to your suggestion, I am now the proud owner of a New Purple Large 3 Wheel Pet Dog Cat Stroller Carrier that I just purchased from eBay for the same price you got yours (with the free shipping, too!). I hope it's all that it appears to be on the photo.

Just curious.....how do you like your stroller? Do your cats like it, too?

9. silly4lilly

silly4lillyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $418.61
    Ratings:
    +73
    elgatoloco you crack me up! i know i treat them like babies its actually pretty sick.

skdkat7, i like the stroller a lot. I got the 3 wheel one too. the only thing i did not like is i thought the wheels would be rubber.. but they arent. the wheels are like a wierd plastic with foam on the inside..but still good enough for grass or rocks or pavement. it folds really easily, too, for storage. and it has two cup holders and a basket thing underneath for storage. my kitties love it. its so wierd as soon as i put it together they hopped right in it. i dont get how animals know something is for them? its so wierd. when we go outside for walks they sit in there just looking around taking everything in and smelling the air. it is so cute! the only thing i felt sooo bad last week we only took my male to the park with us and he was meowing and meowing and right when we got home he peed and pooped and he was holding it the whole time :/

we joke around that one day someone will come up to us to see a baby and look inside and be like "WTF are those things!" no one has done that yet.. but..we've got the whole summer ahead of us!

hopefully i will get some pics up this weekend if its nice!

10. kalliee129

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    I had the exact same thing happen with Meecho. I had taken her out with the new puppy. They were in their stroller and were total angels the whole day. Towards the end of the day Meecho was acting strange in the car but I figured she was tired and hungry and we were on our way home anyway. Well the puppy started whining so we pulled over so she could go pee outside and when I opened the back door to check on Meecho she had pooped on the floor. The worst is she was on her medicine so it was very wet and yucky. I didn't get mad at her because she looked so tramatized from the situation I felt bad for her. If anything I learned a bug lesson. No more all day outings without a portable litter box.

11. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Hey silly4lilly, my new pet stroller finally arrived this weekend, so Piglet and I decided to take it for a stroll today. It's so funny, but just like with your cats, Piglet seemed to "know" that the stroller was for her; she jumped into it as soon as I finished putting it together (my other cats were mildly interested in it, but not the way Piglet was!). You are right about the wheels being a little funky, but it worked okay over most terrain. As Piglet and I walked through the neighborhood, we made some new friends at the local Starbucks...I have enclosed a couple of photos below.

And silly, I too, treat my cats like they are my babies, too. I guess that's what happens when one has never had children.

Attached Files:

12. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $39.00
    Ratings:
    +440
    After following this thread, Silly & Sydkat, I had to go ahead and order the same stroller for Walter! Can't wait!

13. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynxAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,040.16
    Ratings:
    +3,086
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    Looks like that stroller makes for one happy cat!:ThumbsUp:

14. kalliee129

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    Oh I'm so jealous, you got the one with the opening in the back. That is what I ordered but for some reason they sent one that looked just like it, but instead of an opening in the back it had extra pockets to store more stuff. I had been so excited about it that as soon as I opened it and put it together I threw the box away. Then like a day later it dawned on me the problem. Oh well Meecho loves it anyway and I'm actually getting to the point where I can leave it completely open for her and she won't jump out. She LOVES going to the open markets around. Personally I think she just likes all the attention she gets :Laugh:

15. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Brooke, so glad to hear that you're getting a stroller, too. Walter will absolutely LOVE it! We want to see photos, too!

Kallie, I do like the opening in the back....it's very convenient. I didn't get the stroller with the pocket because I figured that I had enough storage between the basket on the bottom and the cup holder on top. But even without the back opening, it's still a great stroller! I love the purple color of it, too! Just like Meecho, I suspect that Piglet likes riding in it mostly because of the attention she gets from the neighbor folks and kids...everybody wants to see and touch the hairless cat....LOL!

16. silly4lilly

silly4lillyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $418.61
    Ratings:
    +73
    Piglet is so cute!!! i knew she would love it!

walter will love it too! you have to post some pics of him once you get it

17. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $39.00
    Ratings:
    +440
    Walter's stroller came today! We just took the maiden voyage around the neighborhood. He seemed to like it once he figured out what the heck was going on. But, I felt like a total dweeb pushing my cat around in a stroller - especially when I passed a woman pushing her baby, and she looked over to see if my baby was as cute as hers, and this gray wrinkly thing meowed at her! LOL! The look on her face was priceless - she didn't say a word to me, just sped up and kept walking!!

18. admin

adminAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $268,561.94
    Ratings:
    +17,211
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    Thats funny Brooke! I wish I could of seen her face!:Laugh:

19. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynxAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,040.16
    Ratings:
    +3,086
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    OMG so funny!!! That lady is probably still trying to figure out what the heck you had in there!

20. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Gosh, Brooke, I can just picture it in my mind...too funny! :LOL: That lady probably freaked when she saw Walter in your "buggy"! I bet a lot of people think that we've gone nuts when they see us toting around our sphynx in strollers like they're babies...LOLOL!

21. kalliee129

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    I've had the same reaction when Meecho is in her's and one lady actually had her fingers ready to pinch her cheeks. :Woo:

22. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $39.00
    Ratings:
    +440
    That is hysterical. That's it. I'm taking Walter in his stroller to Babies R Us just to see what kind of reactions I can get!

23. admin

adminAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $268,561.94
    Ratings:
    +17,211
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    That would be funny! boy if you could get that on film!:LOL:

24. silly4lilly

silly4lillyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $418.61
    Ratings:
    +73
    LOL!!!! i feel also feel like a dork pushing the kitties around!

25. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $39.00
    Ratings:
    +440
    Okay, glad its not just me...plus I got the green one, and it's a little (okay a LOT) brighter than I expected. It's neon green. At least I don't have to worry about being hit by a car!