Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Snuggles Bath

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Snuggles just got a bath and my hubby took some pics to show you what I go through. He takes after Butterball!! Enjoy the pics while I enjoy the cuts on my shoulders and back!:Wink:

ssummers

Lairian
Oh, I know that second to last face all too well! :LOL: You're doing much better than I do though. Coraline never gets that soapy before she climbs up and over me. I mostly just try to ambush her with baby wipes these days!

Abigail

Lairian
Poor thing! Poor you too! Wish you luck at future baths!:ThumbsUp:

One thing that helped me when I started Loki on his bathing was to fill the tub really high instead of shallow water. Not sure but it was almost as though it made him feel more secure and ever since I started that... his bath time has been good for us. And I'm talking the water is filled just below his chin. Not sure if you already do this but it might work for him??

Again good luck...

J

Jinxlover

HAHA those are great. I think he may kill you in your sleep..:LOL::Hysterical:.

Blueberry LOVES her bath.. She will even get in with me when I take one, just for fun..

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He is getting better with his baths, It is just taking a really long time to get used to it. :LOL: I have tried to fill the tub up more but the hubby has a cow and says its too much:Dizzy: But he read this thread and says "I never thought of it that way":LOL::LOL: So the next bath we will try filling the tub more and see if that helps!

He cracks me up every time I give him a bath!

ssummers

Lairian
After reading this thread, I got inspired to try to give Coraline a bath with a fuller tub. It worked! I mean, she still wasn't thrilled about it, but she didn't totally freak out. I would have never considered that without this thread. Thanks, all!

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was going thru youtube last year and i found this HILARIOUS video of a sphynx taking a bath ... well pplaying in water is more like it lol

Replacement String:

fred IS silly lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
After reading this thread, I got inspired to try to give Coraline a bath with a fuller tub. It worked! I mean, she still wasn't thrilled about it, but she didn't totally freak out. I would have never considered that without this thread. Thanks, all!

Thats great! I am going to try that next time then! :Wink:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was going thru youtube last year and i found this HILARIOUS video of a sphynx taking a bath ... well pplaying in water is more like it lol

YouTube - Fred is silly

fred IS silly lol

I know I watched a lot of those videos too! They are cute! When I got snuggles I was hoping he would enjoy and do the swimming thing but he hates the bath:ThumbsDown: I love all sphynx videos!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I had also watched video's of Sphynx prior to my picking up Snuffie and had high hopes she would do the patting water thing when I bathed her but noped. She just stands there and if your not busy or touching her she slowly tries to creep out of the water. lol I just keep one hand on her and scrub her down, I feel the kitchen (Its huge) sink up to her belly and she is fine. Sometimes I put the warm wash cloth on her back to keep her covered and warm.

I don't like using our tub because we have one of those sliding glass door things and leaning over that metal track thing is not comfy what so ever. Especially when Snuffie sneaks to the back of the tub where I can't reach her. lol

holly_savage

Banned
I don't like using our tub because we have one of those sliding glass door things and leaning over that metal track thing is not comfy what so ever. Especially when Snuffie sneaks to the back of the tub where I can't reach her. lol

Use my trick (and someone else does it too) and jump into the tub with them! We have the glass sliding doors too, and it is so much easier to be sitting in the tub with them!:Wink:

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
my old roomates would get into the shower to wash the cats and teh dog. the dog liked it so much tho that she would fight to get in the bathroom when they took a shower in the morning before work lol

dont worry they wouldnt put the shower head over the whole shower, it was 5 ft by 5ft (the master bath had that and a HUGE garden tub so this was easier and no fur in the whirlpool jets)

AthenaAura

Lairian
Oh you use one of those scrubby gloves? I was thinking about getting one! I can just never get her legs clean, slip right out of my hands!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh you use one of those scrubby gloves? I was thinking about getting one! I can just never get her legs clean, slip right out of my hands!

Yup they work well!! I am very glad I got them! as quick as he is I could never get his legs clean:Surprise:

Back