Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

So excited

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
We just found out we are going to the Bahamas in December!!! Admins job is taking us. We have never been so if anyone that has been can tell us any must see or must do's that would be great.
As I said before Admin is not very fond on the flying thing but the kids are staying home so he is better with it.
We went for our passports last week and that was easier than I thought.

PitRottMommy

Banned
I'm with Brooke, tons of Islands in the Bahamas. If you know where you're going, it's easier to tell you what to look for and who has the best experiences there.

We go annually to the caribbean and have been for the past 3 years. Always a good time as long as you know where to (1) stay, (2) eat and (3) relax!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh that will be so fun! The water is just so amazing, blue and clear there - I love it! All my vacations have been to the Caribbean because by the time I get a vacation I just want to relax! I'm dying to go to Europe some day but haven't made it there yet. I'm sure whichever island you go to in the Bahamas will be just great!

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You'll have a blast! Make sure you swim with the dolphins if you can, its an amazing experience if you've not done it yet.

Brooke

Banned
Depending on which island you go to, if you go to Eluethera you can take a day trip to Harbour Island - the sand on the beach there is PINK!! I didn't get a chance to go when I was in the Bahamas, but it's supposed to be really cool.

They also accept American money there, which is really convenient. I had a lot of fun going to the street markets because you can barter and haggle to get a good price. Be sure to drink a couple of Bahama Mamas for me! :Laugh:

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I just got back from the Bahamas on Monday!
Won a trip on a cruise - went to Nassau and Coco Cay (the private island of Royal Carribean criuise lines).

Beautiful beaches and perfect weather -

Wear SUNSCREEN!

SPF 70 kept me tan but not an ounce burned.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on which island you go to, if you go to Eluethera you can take a day trip to Harbour Island - the sand on the beach there is PINK!! I didn't get a chance to go when I was in the Bahamas, but it's supposed to be really cool.

They also accept American money there, which is really convenient. I had a lot of fun going to the street markets because you can barter and haggle to get a good price. Be sure to drink a couple of Bahama Mamas for me! :Laugh:

OOOHHH I look foward to street markets where I can haggle:Laugh:
We will drink enough Bahama Mamas for all!:ThumbsUp:
And I would sure love to see A beach with pink sand...

How does the money work there is it all American? or no

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I just got back from the Bahamas on Monday!
Won a trip on a cruise - went to Nassau and Coco Cay (the private island of Royal Carribean criuise lines).

Beautiful beaches and perfect weather -

Wear SUNSCREEN!

SPF 70 kept me tan but not an ounce burned.

Great to win such A trip. They do seem much better when we are not paying for them:Wink:
Work is paying for ours.
I will not go that hi on the SPF though sorry I know thats bad but I will so love color in December, by then I am pasty white.

Brooke

Banned
OOOHHH I look foward to street markets where I can haggle:Laugh:
We will drink enough Bahama Mamas for all!:ThumbsUp:
And I would sure love to see A beach with pink sand...

How does the money work there is it all American? or no

I went there a long time ago, so I don't know if it's different now, but they have Bahamian money, too. It's the same denominations as American money, though, and the stores would accept either kind. It was nice not to have to worry about exchange rates!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I went there a long time ago, so I don't know if it's different now, but they have Bahamian money, too. It's the same denominations as American money, though, and the stores would accept either kind. It was nice not to have to worry about exchange rates!

yes much better not to have to worry about that!
I have to worry enough about getting admin on and off the plane. and finding our hotel room after the Bahama Mamas:Wink:

Last edited:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OK where does he work and how do I apply. The best place my job ever takes us is Virginia Beach. Every year they put is in a beautiful hotel right on the ocean. Only problem....It's December or Febuary. Do you know how cold it is next to the ocean in December or Febuary?????:Angry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK where does he work and how do I apply. The best place my job ever takes us is Virginia Beach. Every year they put is in a beautiful hotel right on the ocean. Only problem....It's December or Febuary. Do you know how cold it is next to the ocean in December or Febuary?????:Angry:

Kallie, I've been to Virginia Beach twice...once in January for a conference and once in December visiting some guy I was dating at the time. It's MISERABLE there during the winter, so I know exactly what you're talking about! :Worn-out: The boardwalk is so dead with no people around and there is nothing to do. I've heard it's very different there in the summertime, though. :Cool:

Sounds like your company is trying to cut down on costs by booking a hotel there in the winter, when it's the low season there. My workplace does the same thing by booking us in hotels at Vail and Breckenridge during the summer....LOL!

BTW, ilovemysphynx, congrats on the Caribbean trip. I've never been there, but some of my family members had and they all had a blast! :BigSmile:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kallie, I've been to Virginia Beach twice...once in January for a conference and once in December visiting some guy I was dating at the time. It's MISERABLE there during the winter, so I know exactly what you're talking about! :Worn-out: The boardwalk is so dead with no people around and there is nothing to do. I've heard it's very different there in the summertime, though. :Cool:

Sounds like your company is trying to cut down on costs by booking a hotel there in the winter, when it's the low season there. My workplace does the same thing by booking us in hotels at Vail and Breckenridge during the summer....LOL!

BTW, ilovemysphynx, congrats on the Caribbean trip. I've never been there, but some of my family members had and they all had a blast! :BigSmile:

:LOL: I do work for the low cost provider...GEICO:Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL: I do work for the low cost provider...GEICO:Laugh:

ROTFL!!!! :Hysterical: That's too funny, Kallie.

I used to have my car insurance with GEICO, for over 10 years! GEICO kept raising my rates despite my good driving record, so I switched to StateFarm. Oddly enough, my rates with StateFarm are much lower than with the so-called "low cost provider GEICO"...LOL! :LOL:

Brooke

Banned
ROTFL!!!! :Hysterical: That's too funny, Kallie.

I used to have my car insurance with GEICO, for over 10 years! GEICO kept raising my rates despite my good driving record, so I switched to StateFarm. Oddly enough, my rates with StateFarm are much lower than with the so-called "low cost provider GEICO"...LOL! :LOL:

hmmm, not for long. I just sued State Farm last week and won. Now they have to pay half a million dollars in attorney fees and court costs...so if your rates go up...uh, sorry! :LOL:

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've been to Antigua and to Aruba :) They were awesome, but I loved Antigua a lot better!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hmmm, not for long. I just sued State Farm last week and won. Now they have to pay half a million dollars in attorney fees and court costs...so if your rates go up...uh, sorry! :LOL:

Darn it, Brooke...thanks to you, I may have to shop for another insurance company soon...sigh. :Woo: Seriously, though, it's great that you won such a big settlement...maybe you won't have to go to work for much longer! :ThumbsUp:

Brooke

Banned
Darn it, Brooke...I may have to shop for another insurance company soon...sigh. :Woo: Seriously, though, it's great that you won such a big settlement...maybe you won't have to go to work for much longer! :ThumbsUp:

Oh, no, I only won $7,000 of that and it's all going to medical bills...sigh...I won't see a dime of it. But, at least State Farm is getting a big fat slap on the wrist for trying to screw me over! Almost all of that money is in attorney fees because they dragged the case out for 6 years. It was a really ugly trial that lasted 3 days and the jury only deliberated for 15 minutes before they awarded it to me. Most stressful 15 minutes of my life! :Sweat:

PS - While I was typing this, Nelson rubbed an eye booger on my lip. :Badly2:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh, no, I only won $7,000 of that and it's all going to medical bills...sigh...I won't see a dime of it. But, at least State Farm is getting a big fat slap on the wrist for trying to screw me over! Almost all of that money is in attorney fees because they dragged the case out for 6 years. It was a really ugly trial that lasted 3 days and the jury only deliberated for 15 minutes before they awarded it to me. Most stressful 15 minutes of my life! :Sweat:

PS - While I was typing this, Nelson rubbed an eye booger on my lip. :Badly2:

Well, at least you got some compensation out of the whole rotten deal! I think all insurance companies are pretty much the same; they'll try to get over on some poor policy holder if they can get away with it. :Angry:

Ewwwwww...on Nelson's eye booger....gross! :Badly:

Hey, wasn't this supposed to be a thread about trips to the Caribbean? :LOL:

Back