Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

So hard to get up

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When you roll over to this in the morning scro.jpg

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is! Sophie has been sleeping under my arm lately and I have to remove her to get up. It's the hardest part of my day!

saintbabby

Lairian
does anyone else's sphynx lick ANY exposed skin when curled up next to you as you're trying to sleep? My Pickles always always always licks until she dozes off. its nice of her to be affectionate, but the gesture stops seeming nice when i lose skin in cat tongue sized patches all over my body.

Brooke

Banned
does anyone else's sphynx lick ANY exposed skin when curled up next to you as you're trying to sleep? My Pickles always always always licks until she dozes off. its nice of her to be affectionate, but the gesture stops seeming nice when i lose skin in cat tongue sized patches all over my body.

Oh yes...I think Miss Pickles has been talking to my Helen! Just wait until she's older and her tongue gets really, really rough! I've had her leave SCABS! :Frown: no joke!!!!

I was trying to hold her still, and the only way she would sit still for me was if I let her lick my arm, so I just sat through the pain for 10 minutes, and she literally licked the first layers of skin off of my arm. It took 2 weeks to heal and left a 4 inch scab. Now I sleep with the blanket over my face, and Helen licks the blanket until she passes out. :LOL: But, every once in a while, I'll doze off and the blanket will slip down, and there's Helen, poised and waiting with that razor tongue, ready to swipe it across my eyelid - Let me tell you about PAIN! :Dizzy: ...sometimes, when she's being really persistent I'll give her the palm of my hand to lick. She can lick all she wants and it doesn't hurt or damage my skin. :LOL::LOL:

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG yes!! Especially when they make those groaning noises when you disturb thier sleep. They get comfy and don't want to move. Kreacher tries to suckle whatever bare skin he can find and kneads till he passes out. Unfortunately it's usually a butt cheek lol :) Wish he would do it to my back...would be a nice massage!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG yes!! Especially when they make those groaning noises when you disturb thier sleep. They get comfy and don't want to move. Kreacher tries to suckle whatever bare skin he can find and kneads till he passes out. Unfortunately it's usually a butt cheek lol :) Wish he would do it to my back...would be a nice massage!

:LOL: Sophie suckles my cheek and chin and kneads my neck. It hurts! Sometimes its in the middle of the night and I'm too foggy to be able to stop her.

The funniest thing to me is I go out of my way getting up to not disturb her. She lets me maneuver all around her then just gets up!

saintbabby

Lairian
i should start sleeping with a blanket over my face, that sounds like a good idea. I don't know why Pickles does it, but its part of her nightly routine, and because of it, it sometimes takes me an extra hour or more to dose off cause each time i get comfy, so does Pickles, and depending on how my arms and legs are, she ends up licking some very sensitive skin, like my inner arm or lower stomach. it drives me crazy! and it HURTS!

Brooke

Banned
i should start sleeping with a blanket over my face, that sounds like a good idea. I don't know why Pickles does it, but its part of her nightly routine, and because of it, it sometimes takes me an extra hour or more to dose off cause each time i get comfy, so does Pickles, and depending on how my arms and legs are, she ends up licking some very sensitive skin, like my inner arm or lower stomach. it drives me crazy! and it HURTS!

It doesn't always work, but every once in a while I can put the blanket over Helen's head and she's content to lick that... :LOL: especially if I wrap her up really good and she can't find her way out!! (desperate measures)

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hate getting up early, it doesn't agree with me or Mo! When I get up and it's still dark I put the light on and Mo scrunches up his eyes as if to say, 'put the light out it's the middle of the night woman' He usually has his beakfast and gets straight back into bed. I have to go to work! How rubbish.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Haji is STILL cuddling with me this morning. Yesterday was one of those fun drunk pass out on the couch nights and Haji loves when I sleep on the couch because it's smaller than the bed and he sleeps right on top of me. I woke up at 10:45 and he was still in the same spot!

Brooke

Banned
Haji is STILL cuddling with me this morning. Yesterday was one of those fun drunk pass out on the couch nights and Haji loves when I sleep on the couch because it's smaller than the bed and he sleeps right on top of me. I woke up at 10:45 and he was still in the same spot!

My cats love when I sleep on the couch, too! I like to sleep on the couch on the weekends (because it's my house and I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!! :LOL:) And all four of them sleep on top of me when I lay on the couch...almost 40 pounds of hot cat to keep me warm. I love it!

susi794

Staff member
LOL...They will never do it where it feels good! Habibi--the one in my avatar pic-- loves to lick, lick, lick--most of my others just knead constantly in one place til it hurts. I've tried moving my body to try to direct the kneading to someplace like my shoulders where it might feel good, but they have some kind of sonar or internal GPS that can direct them back to the milimeter of the place where they had been kneading before I moved. I finally have to shoo them away or end up with a bruise.:Dizzy:

Back