Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

So I saw this adorable little girl on Petfinder

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have been looking for a Sphynx, but when I went on Petfinder yesterday I saw this cute little Chinese Crested and decided to email her foster mom. I plan on filling out the adoption application today. Even Shawn thought she was cute! Now I know not all of you will find her cute, but she quickly stole my heart. Here's a couple of pix.

Attachments

• cuuuuuuuuutet.jpg
    cuuuuuuuuutet.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 56
  • manda.jpg
    manda.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 56
  • chinese.jpg
    chinese.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 52

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Way to cute!!!! You'll have to let us know if you adopt her, I love the Cresteds! Someday I hope to own one, I've always loved Cresteds!

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Here is Amanda's story:

My name is Amanda and I was rescued from a shelter in Florida just one day before I was to be euthanized. You see, I came from a place where I was not taken care of at all so when I ended up at the shelter no one would adopt me because I looked so old and so sick. Luckily I was pulled from the shelter by a rescue group and that's how I ended up in a foster home in KY. I'm feeling much better now - my foster mom says I look and act at least 5 years younger. I have been to see a vet and got a lot of health issues taken care of. I had worms, a bad ear infection, rotten teeth, a big growth on my side and very itchy skin with scabs all over my body. My worms are now gone, my teeth have been pulled and my skin is now starting to get soft and smooth and my hair is starting to grow back in my head (I'm a true hairless by the way). Now all that's missing is having a home of my own. I could be a very good companion for someone - I am a VERY good girl. I get along with all the other dogs in my foster home and I am doing very well with learning to go potty outdoors. My favorite things are getting treats and getting affection from my foster mom. I'm hungry all of the time too - you see I was very skinny when I arrived here because I didn't get enough to eat at my old home. I weigh about 13.5 pounds right now but I'm a tall girl so I should weigh a little more. The veterinarian estimates I am about 8 years old. Even though I don't have teeth anymore I can still eat many things - I'm really not that much trouble. My tongue hangs out a lot too but I really can't help it. I'm hoping to find a family that doesn't mind.

Back