Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

So much for being shy!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well, it sure didn't take one of these girls long! My new girls are settlig in quicker then I'd imagined, I slept in the room with them last night, this morning I woke up to little Haley (was Halo - she's been renamed :) ) nudging my hand, purring her heart out, and when I went to pet her she decided to give kitty kisses - I can't resist a cat that kisses! Not only is she the cutest little Sphynx with her fuzzy tufts of hair, but one of the most affectionate I've ever had the joy of living with!

Cali on the other hand (probably going to rename her - I've had a cat named Cali in the past!) is remaining pretty timid, she'll let me approach her and pet her, but keeps to herself. Then again, she is still SOOO full of milk, she just looks miserable :( Any suggestions on how I can give her some relief? All her kittens but one died, and the remaining kitten was being force fed because it wasn't doing well, her kitten is 6 weeks. They said she abandoned them, but if she's this full of milk I question if she really did. I think once her milk has dried up, she'll feel a lot better! But Haley is friendly enough for both of them for now LOL. I must admit, in many ways I'm glad Scarlett didn't work out now, I wouldn't trade Haley and Cali for the world!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thats great news luvmysphynx! Im glad to hear they are getting comfortable already, It will only get better!:ThumbsUp: The milk will dry up in time.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That is so sad about cali's babies, but such good news that they are starting to warm up. Haley knows a good thing when she sees it! :ThumbsUp:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Haley certainly does! She's making herself right at home, still not quite sure about my dogs, but other then that she's right at home. Cali is starting to bond with me, but still spends most of her time behind the couch or other places she can't be seen. She'll come around slowly, she did come out last night and want affection, so I know we'll get there faster then I originally expected!

Back