Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

So scared

Lilmustangchick

Lairian
So my girl has this lump on her leg. Took her to the vet and they aren’t sure what it is. It’s not from a shot, she’s only 1 1/2 years old she’s too young to have a lipoma. It’s squishy but feels attached at the top. You can see in the pics that’s it’s growing upward.

She has surgery on 10/15. Prayers that it’s nothing but I’m not a optimistic person I think the worse. Just needed to vent.

Attachments

Lizanne

Lairian
I'm so sorry. Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way. Hopefully you have insurance, if not I highly recommend you having insurance. I have 2 babies and they both have insurance. It's under $40 per cat per month, and has been so worth it. It's paid for itself over and over and over again. I got the top plan through Nationwide.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Lilmustangchick

Lairian
I do have insurance but it’s still gonna cost almost $600. I have a 11 ur old golden who has bad arthritis and she’s on pain meds which aren’t cheap and she needs to be on a stronger medicine and now my Lie’la. It’s so stressful

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending positive vibes. Hope it’s nothing serious. Can it be a bug bite? Sometimes you see a lump after a bug bite that stays filled with liquid.
Please keep us updated!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Positive vibes are sent. Please continue to update us in their thread. Your experience will no doubt help someone in the future.

Yoda mom

Staff member
prayers and positive vibes, big hug to you!
following closely for updates
all paws crossed for your golden too...
I get it...

yrs ago my rottie boy had bad arthritis..was on expensive rimadyl
I give my boy who has arthritis now "Microlactin double strength" from swanson vitamins
(people version of duralactin) you can certainly ask your vet if it would be indicated.
** always ask your vet first before giving anything**
it made a world of difference over the years with my big boys with arthriitis. took about a month to kick in

a lair full of positive vibes for your babies...
following closely for updates

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wondering how your sweet girl is doing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lilmustangchick

Lairian
She’s good thank you. She has surgery on the 15th. The bump doesn’t seem like it’s gotten bigger. And it doesn’t hurt her, it’s weird it moves around but the top of it is attached to what I assume is the muscle. She’s been more lovable lately to I’m sucking all of that up.

Lizanne

Lairian
She’s good thank you. She has surgery on the 15th. The bump doesn’t seem like it’s gotten bigger. And it doesn’t hurt her, it’s weird it moves around but the top of it is attached to what I assume is the muscle. She’s been more lovable lately to I’m sucking all of that up.
Ohhhh no....What type of surgery?

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I will check on her again after her surgery. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lizanne

Lairian
Oh wow. They're going to remove it? I didn't know there was a concern about them. My boy gets bumps on him that always go away. He gets them when I take him for a walk and it rolls on the warm cement. I think they are any bites. Praying all is well and for a quick recovery

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Hoping to hear good news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk