Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SO upset

Marinka

Lairian
Hey guys! So I got lucky (or I thought I was) and one lady wrote me few days ago that she found my ad online that I wanted to adopt Sphynx female. She wrote me she has a female, 2 yo to re-home for very reasonable price. I got so excited, even though we just had a wedding, spent a lot of money and those envelopes with checks and cash and gift cards we got at the wedding as a presents was stolen by some one (yes, one of our friends did this horrible thing) i still wrote her back i was intersted. First time in almost a half a year of searching some one found me and they are located an hour away from us..so I couldnt said no to that, talked to the lady, talked to my husband and he said yes, lets go look. Lady said we could meet half way...and after I said yes we agree, lets see what days are working for both of us she just disappeared. Like completely ignored my last email :Cry:

I mean, who does that!? She just said lets meat half way, told me why they want to re-home her cat and even sent me pics that she had to actually go and take of her kitty to send to me. And I havent heard from her almost a whole week. I almost crying...still deep in my heart I hope she will answer me..but..

It reminded me those people who write about my lizard Im giving up for adoption, had so many interested but after first email they are just gone, disappeared...not nice.

So I came here my friends juts to let it out :Cry:

p.s. She painted her cat's nails pink nail polish!!!! :Dizzy:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am sorry that happened to you. People do that a lot. When I was looking for a crested, I found one, and was going to meet the lady when she called and said her kid got hurt and was in the hospital! I never heard from her again and she wouldn't answer my calls, I thought something horrible must have happened to her child. I later found out that she lied, and had given the puppy to someone else, we happened to be on the same forum and found out about it. What a terrible thing to lie about your child being injured!

Marinka

Lairian
I guess..I wish she would just let me know, you know. So I won't have a hope and wasn't checking my mail every hour :(

Got just TOOOO excited

Marinka

Lairian
I am sorry that happened to you. People do that a lot. When I was looking for a crested, I found one, and was going to meet the lady when she called and said her kid got hurt and was in the hospital! I never heard from her again and she wouldn't answer my calls, I thought something horrible must have happened to her child. I later found out that she lied, and had given the puppy to someone else, we happened to be on the same forum and found out about it. What a terrible thing to lie about your child being injured!

Oh my! This is sick to lie about child health. Even about health in general (hers, or her child or who ever) :Woo:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry to hear this---not only about the cat but about your "friend" who stole your wedding gifts!! I can imagine how frustrated I would be!! Maybe the woman with the sphynx is just really really busy? I sincerely hope she gets back to you & lets you know. Crossing my fingers that this works out for you!!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
So sorry!!!! I can not imagine someone doing that at a wedding!!!! What a jerk!!!!
A sphynx will come your way soon!!!!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
what a bummer! i hope things work out. God works in mysterious ways. Have you sent her a follow up email "hey, haven't heard from you.. very interested in the kitty" yada yada..? would be worth it, in my opinion.
i hope everything works out. sorry you're so broken hearted over this kitty :(

Bella07

Banned
How frusturating, I am so sorry to hear about this as well. Just try to think of it this way---this must not have been the right Sphynx for you. The universe is trying to tell you that your purrrfect baby is still out there waiting for you. Before you know it, another Sphynx will come into your life when the time is right, and it will be meant to be, and a match made in heaven! But, if she does contact you back by chance---then this must be the Sphynx for you! If not, oh well, your baby is still out there somewhere. Good Luck, and Congratulations on your wedding! I am sorry to hear that your presents were stolen by a friend?...how awful :Sweat:

misobaby

Lairian
It took us over a year and a trip to small claims court (with a very unscrupulous "breeder") to finally get Keemo (from a wonderful breeder!). Have faith- the right one will come along!

Sorry about your wedding gifts- how awful:(

Marinka

Lairian
Thank you guys so much for your warm words! It really melts my heart to come here to this forum and knowing even though i dont have a kitty Sphynx yet, I will find friends here and suppor! Thank you.

Ian was telling me the same "maybe it wasnt meant to be" I like to think that way too. Its prob a sigh that kitty wasn't for me. Deep in my heart I hope one day I will find her. I've been wanting Sphynx for so many years. So fingers crossed.

Also I will try to write her next week, just in case. Thnaks again guys!

xoxo

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Maybe she went on vacation, and just didn't think to tell you? Try and stay positive for now.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so sorry to hear about your wedding gifts. It breaks my heart that you would be taken advantage of at a time when you are trying to celebrate your marriage.

The right Sphynx will find you. Stay strong. The wait will be worth it.

Marinka

Lairian
Thank you. Im trying to be positive and not think too much about it. I know good things come when you list expect them :)

As for wedding gifts...itwas making sick. Would never in a million years would think some one from friends of my hubby would do smt like that. eww..

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sorry a supposed "friend" would rip you off like that. At least the kitty part will work out sooner or later, if not this one with a different one.

Marinka

Lairian
uh huh...i wrote her 2 days ago just saying "havent heard from you, im still interested. plz let me know if you are still too"...no replay. so i guess no kitty for me yet.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
uh huh...i wrote her 2 days ago just saying "havent heard from you, im still interested. plz let me know if you are still too"...no replay. so i guess no kitty for me yet.

I'm sorry you didn't hear back. Don't give up, Marinka. I'm certain you'll get hooked up with the right Sphynx soon.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
There is a Sphynx kitty out there just for you. I know it's hard to be patient and to have your hopes built up but he/or she will come into your life and make it so much better when the time is just right.

As for the idiot ... I'm sorry, "friend" that stole your wedding gifts; all I can say is Karma is a *itch! They'll get what's coming to them one way or another.

Stay positive and don't let the idiots bring you down.

Marinka

Lairian
this is funny but i just went to look for kitty on ebayclassifieds and i saw this ladie's ad in which she put a price twice as much from what she told me. i mean, why people think if its internet you dont have to be polite!? why wouldnt you tell me that you did your research and want more money..if its about money, obviously it is and not find a good home for your pet as quick as possible, why wouldnt you just replay to my email when i asked you let me know if kitty still available so i wont sit near pc and wait for your replay like an idiot?!!!

so aggravating! i always replay to emails and even if i change my mind i would write to a person and let them know.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, so this lady tells you she has a sphynx for a reasonable price, then drops off the face of the earth, and THEN places an ad online selling the same sphynx for a much higher price??? What a real sh*tty thing to do! :Angry: Some people never cease to amaze me with their rudeness and inconsiderateness! So sorry this has happened to you, Marinka; I know that you've been looking for a sphynx cat for a long time, so this really isn't fair. :Sad:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, so this lady tells you she has a sphynx for a reasonable price, then drops off the face of the earth, and THEN places an ad online selling the same sphynx for a much higher price??? What a real sh*tty thing to do! :Angry: Some people never cease to amaze me with their rudeness and inconsiderateness! So sorry this has happened to you, Marinka; I know that you've been looking for a sphynx cat for a long time, so this really isn't fair. :Sad:

EXACTLY!!! What is wrong with people!?!?!?

Back