Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SoBe is scheduled for her spay!

verucasfoodlady

Lairian
any kind of surgery is always so nerve wracking. i made veruca a special bed with a blanket and took it to the vet. i also requested a heat pad, so she would stay warm. even animals with fur have trouble warming up after anesthesia, so i was worried about her.

Gizzymom

Banned
Living outside of Chicago, we have our share of snow. I have a small car that is rear wheel drive (NO traction in snow)... My rule of thumb is just.... take it slow and don't stress..

Maybe Jimmy can sleep at his cousin's?? You can drive him tonight to eliminate that step... Then take son to school early (it's not like he's little - he'll be fine). Problem solved.:Smile:

Just thinking that if you postpone it, you may still have the same situatuation since you only have one car... and the weather is always a crapshoot!! For all you know, the snow may not even be that bad tomorrow...

But play it by ear.... Just wanted to make some suggestions:Laugh:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I can't relate to the snow, but we get torrential rain in spring and summer. Breathe, and if it makes you feel better to wait till next week I would do it. If you go through with tomorrow try to stay calm for SoBe as she will feed off of your energy.

Did the vet call you back about anesthesia?

And, let the office manager or owner know about the receptionists being "know it alls." They need to know to try to fix the problem!
Yea my vet called me back the very next day about anesthesia and other things. We talked for a good half hour and he even went into length why ketamine is controversial etc. It was nice of him to restore my faith in him since he hasn't spayed for me in 5 years or so.

any kind of surgery is always so nerve wracking. i made veruca a special bed with a blanket and took it to the vet. i also requested a heat pad, so she would stay warm. even animals with fur have trouble warming up after anesthesia, so i was worried about her.
Heating pad!!!!!!! Awesome idea!!! I feel like a nut for not thinking of that! I will defintley make sure she is warm. I'm taking her clothed obviously and her baby blanket but when they give me my reminder call today Ill make sure they are set to ensure she stays warm.

Living outside of Chicago, we have our share of snow. I have a small car that is rear wheel drive (NO traction in snow)... My rule of thumb is just.... take it slow and don't stress..

Maybe Jimmy can sleep at his cousin's?? You can drive him tonight to eliminate that step... Then take son to school early (it's not like he's little - he'll be fine). Problem solved.:Smile:

Just thinking that if you postpone it, you may still have the same situatuation since you only have one car... and the weather is always a crapshoot!! For all you know, the snow may not even be that bad tomorrow...

But play it by ear.... Just wanted to make some suggestions:Laugh:
Sleep without my Jimmy?? No way!! Not to mention his child is severe ADHD and needs jimmys help getting ready in the morning. He has to force him to brush his hair and teeth an go potty and its just a hour long fight,,I'm not signing up for that, I got my own worries!! lol

Can't you drop SoBe of the night before ? Maybe that's an option...
Good luck tomorrow :Smile:
That is a good idea. I'll have to get Jimmys permission first as they are connected at the hip at night, I get bit even if I put my arm around him at night. lol It would also help solve the problem of taking Snuffie's food too after 6pm tonight. She isn't going to like that at all!! When she wants something and doesn't get it she walks around all the tables and counters knocking stuff over as she goes. Its sort of comical until Jims drink goes a tumbeling!! lol:LOL:

Make sure you keep us updated please. Hope it all works out with the weather.
Oh I will, I'll be on here all day tomorrow I'm sure.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ask the vet to put clothes on her after and put her in the incubator.
I had my vet do that with Wrinkles.
Please stay safe.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I called my vet to see about post poning till Monday or tuesday, but they are slammed for 2 weeks out and no sense in rescheduling that far out in winter, no telling what 2 weeks will bring.
They offered to keep her overnight but jimmy doesn't like the idea of her being in lock down over night or in a strange place. I'm sure its more like that he just doesn't want to be without her, lol, neither do I,,I'll have a hard enough time tomorrow without her. Besides, I plan on bathing her tonight since she won't be able to get a bath for atleast 2 weeks afterwards.

So I told them my travel plans since I do so much in the AM and they said as long as she is there by 9am it will be fine. So I'll just be taking my time in the morning instead.:ThumbsUp:
She'll get there bundled up in her sweater and blanket and I've already stressed to use the heating pads after her surgery to keep her body temp up. Knowing me I'll go over it again in the morning.

Again, thanks everyone for the ideas and sanity you have offered me. Your more help then you know!!

ktate88

Banned
Yay!! So glad it worked out. You may want send her with a sweater that has an open tummy of you have one. We kept Niles in a sweater during his neuter, but of course the bits are farther down and not covered in clothing. And yes of course those heating pads and rice socks!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
**Update**

Surprisingly last night went considerably well with feeding times changed before 6pm, however, Snuffie was begging by 3am. Major playtime took place which made me crawl out of bed around 3:30am where I played with them to keep them semi quiet while everyone else could sleep.
Snuffie was happy to eat after I got SoBe in her carrier tho, she is now napping.

So our journey began..........

Sobe is such a brave little girl. I set her carrier out so she could sniff it out while I ran Jimmy and his son where they needed to be.
SoBe decided to inspect her carrier to ensure safe travels since Nofuratu's recent ordeal

She checked all over

Snuffie stepped in and did outside inspection and final goodbyes

We drove the 20 minutes with barely any cries and got her weight when we got there. I put on her the scale and she ran off!!!! I had to go chase her down, lol It was comical.
Then she ran off into the arms of one of the vet techs and didn't even say goodbye.:Cry:
I made sure they had everything set and also ensured they do the pre-anesthesia screening.
Now I'm waiting between 12pm and 2pm for them to call. I was in tears by the time I got back out to the car. lol
After that we pick her up around 5pm to come home. I can't wait!! I miss her already.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
**Update**

Surprisingly last night went considerably well with feeding times changed before 6pm, however, Snuffie was begging by 3am. Major playtime took place which made me crawl out of bed around 3:30am where I played with them to keep them semi quiet while everyone else could sleep.
Snuffie was happy to eat after I got SoBe in her carrier tho, she is now napping.

So our journey began..........

Sobe is such a brave little girl. I set her carrier out so she could sniff it out while I ran Jimmy and his son where they needed to be.
SoBe decided to inspect her carrier to ensure safe travels since Nofuratu's recent ordeal

She checked all over

Snuffie stepped in and did outside inspection and final goodbyes

We drove the 20 minutes with barely any cries and got her weight when we got there. I put on her the scale and she ran off!!!! I had to go chase her down, lol It was comical.
Then she ran off into the arms of one of the vet techs and didn't even say goodbye.:Cry:
I made sure they had everything set and also ensured they do the pre-anesthesia screening.
Now I'm waiting between 12pm and 2pm for them to call. I was in tears by the time I got back out to the car. lol
After that we pick her up around 5pm to come home. I can't wait!! I miss her already.

Giving you a big hug and sending soothing vibes for your worried momma heart.
SoBe and you both are going to be fine.

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We will be thinking of SoBe and you all day! What did Snuffie think of the whole thing?

I remember when Abby was neutered the hardest part was when she got home. We had a heck of a time keeping her as inactive as possible. A 6-7 month old sphynx doesn't have a quiet bone in their body.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
We will be thinking of SoBe and you all day! What did Snuffie think of the whole thing?

I remember when Abby was neutered the hardest part was when she got home. We had a heck of a time keeping her as inactive as possible. A 6-7 month old sphynx doesn't have a quiet bone in their body.

Snuffie is sleeping off her full belly right now so I don't even think she realizes I didn't come back home with her. I am concerned about tonight when SoBe comes back home tho. Friday night is Jimmys game night and everytime he turns on that game they both start running about the house like crazy spider monkeys. I might have to break out my crate and crate her if she gets too rowdy. I'm hoping I don't tho, its in the basement and dirty with dust and I dread trying to clean it for use. ugh I'm hoping SoBe just sleeps and relaxes as much as possible.

Gizzymom

Banned
Sending warm thoughts yours and SoBe's way!!! I know that feeling when you drop them off.. I still almost cry when I drop Gizzy off for a teeth cleaning...

Try to relax... She is going to be fine and back in your arms in no time!!:Laugh:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind messages.

I got the call at 11:40am, her pre-anesthesia screening was perfect and everything was normal. Her spay is complete and she is now resting. They are keeping an eye on her temp for me too!

Now,,,I can't wait till 5pm so we can go get her!! Neither can poor Snuffie, she is missing SoBe now.

Attachments

• 010720112 001.jpg
    010720112 001.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 11

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yay for things going well...what a relief! Now maybe you can relax a little and be ready to "baby" your baby when it's time to go home :Cool:.

Do you know what kind of anesthesia they ended up using?? Just curious.

Back