Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SoCal family looking to adopt for ESA

kimikolove

Lairian
Looking to rescue/adopt an adult sphynx as an emotional support animal for my son. Southern California preferred but definitely willing to drive/travel.
We’d highly prefer to rescue or regime than go to a breeder, but are open to referrals and recommendations.

Unfortunately, quarantine has been really hard on my son’s anxiety/depression so we’re hoping to move forward sooner rather than later. So adopting from a reputable breeder isn’t fully out of the question.

(Female preferred and pink/blue eyes ideal but in no way required. We know the right girl will find us!)

If you’re looking to rehome a beloved, retire a queen, or have recommendations within California, please do reach out. Also, if you have experience you’d like to share regarding sphynxes as an ESA, were all ears!

Background:
My son Ricky (23) has recently decided to get a sphynx as an emotional support animal. He has disabling anxiety and depression (though you wouldn’t know it to meet him), asthma/allergies, and is currently unemployed (and only works part-time when employed).

He has extensive experience caring for all sorts of pets - ranging from salt water aqaurium inhabitants to birds to small mammals, lizards, and, of course, cats and dogs.

We thought a sphynx would be ideal because of they’re “velcro kitty” reputation. He needs and desires that level of affection. Also, we have a friend whose sphynx is now 10 years old, so have some experience being around them and knowing what their care is like.

Since Ricky is unemployed, he’s home virtually all the time. And I now work remotely full time — and likely will for the foreseeable future. So our new kitty would have to humans around all the time to get snuggles in with.

(Female preferred and pink/blue eyes ideal but in no way required. We know the right girl will find us!)

If you’re looking to rehome a beloved, retire a queen, or have recommendations within California, please do reach out. Also, if you have experience you’d like to share regarding sphynxes as an ESA, were all ears!

Back