Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sock shirt

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Man! I used to make Butterball's shirts out of socks. I would just cut two little holes about an inch apart about 2 inches down. I would stretch them out real good. It was really easy and they fit like a glove. He's a little too big now. I made a video. I'll see if I can find it.

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

ranalashae

Banned
Aw I have made shirts out of socks for Nala too, but she got a little to big for them so we graduated to shirts made out of leggings! You just have to make sure the bottom of them are pretty stretchy. And because there are two legs to every pair of leggings, I got to mess up one time first before we got a good fit! :BigSmile:

Fits perfectly, here is a picture of it!

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 56

Gizzymom

Banned
El Gato... Is there anything that you don't have a video for?? LOL :Hysterical:

And the legging shirt is adorable!!! But considering Gizmo's full grown stature, as well as his pot belly.. I think we are going to try the men's sweatshirt idea!!! And sphynxie... what about the fleece?? Is that like the sweatshirt or different??

ckutkuhn7

Banned
They don't make socks big enough for snuffie either! Maybe a big girls legging would work.

I was messing around last month with baby clothes and figured out how to alter them into kitty clothes...I'll have to post photos. lol They look like they are wearing bath robes cuz I used some terry cloth footed baby jammies. lol

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Alrightee, so I cut the ends off one of my old sweaters. Rupert protested a little at first, but now he's strolling around with it on. Orion on the other hand hissed and bit me after he went ape-s**t when I put it on, then tried to take it off. I guess that means he doesn't like it. :Surprise:

Gizzymom

Banned
Alrightee, so I cut the ends off one of my old sweaters. Rupert protested a little at first, but now he's strolling around with it on. Orion on the other hand hissed and bit me after he went ape-s**t when I put it on, then tried to take it off. I guess that means he doesn't like it. :Surprise:

Very perceptive... I, too, would guess hissing, biting, and going ape-s**t would mean no like... LOL

We need a pic of Rupert, though!!!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very perceptive... I, too, would guess hissing, biting, and going ape-s**t would mean no like... LOL

We need a pic of Rupert, though!!!

Here he is on SL with me. Gizzymom, I'm kinda worried now that Orion is going to piss on my computer :Sweat:

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 42

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OK... so was it a really baggy sweatshirt or is Rupert just a little guy??

I dunno, maybe both? Rupert is 6 months now and weighs 7.5 lbs, but the sweat was a huge-@aa one that I got from a thrift store. I'm starting to think he's a little guy 'cause his brother is already bigger than him.

Ella_B

Lairian
I made a sweater for Berlin out of a black and white striped knee-high sock. She looks a little like Beetlejuice when she wears it - or a prison inmate. Good thing she's not very fashion-conscious. :Cool:

She's not too partial to wearing it though, but somehow it makes her much more manageable. She calms down instantly with the sweater on, but also moves a little awkwardly, even though it doesn't really restrict her at all. Silly thing.

TotenEngel

Banned
I made a sweater for Berlin out of a black and white striped knee-high sock. She looks a little like Beetlejuice when she wears it - or a prison inmate. Good thing she's not very fashion-conscious. :Cool:

She's not too partial to wearing it though, but somehow it makes her much more manageable. She calms down instantly with the sweater on, but also moves a little awkwardly, even though it doesn't really restrict her at all. Silly thing.

Smeagol also joins the ministry of silly walks whenever he has a sweater on! He also pretends like he can't jump in them! I'm hoping time and patience will change this!

Back