Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Soft litter?

Christine

Lairian
So...my spoiled boy refuses to use conventional litter. He hops out so fast like it hurts his little feet. We are currently using Feline Pine clumping but I HATE it. No odor control as far as poops and after a week it no longer clumps right. Any suggestions on softer litters that my pampered boy may like?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Keep us udated on your quest for the perfect soft litter, Christine. Fortunately my crew of cats tolerate regular clay litter. Good luck.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Super soft litter with decent odor control and clumping... worlds best cat litter... I like it but the hubby says it smells like a barn (natural hay like smell to the litter)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sorry, I'm no help. I use Tidy Cats non clumping litter. Its the little gravel type stuff, your kitty would probably hate it as well. I hope you find something that works.

BlueGirl

Lairian
I'm not sure if you can get it in the US but I use catsan, teh non clumping is a clay type litter but the clumping litter is just like sand, so it really soft when they dig in it, and the odor controle is really good, plus with the really fine granules less of it gets tracked around :BigSmile:

Christine

Lairian
I'm torn about even trying a change....maybe I will just buy some and put it out next to his regular litter box. I'll have to try this when I have a few days off from work I guess. He can be so picky about that kind of thing. I would love a litter robot but I'm scared he wouldn't use it lol.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My Nudie came from the breeder using "Feline Pine". I agree it is not the best, so we slowly added the new litter to it (a little more each week). Nudie was completely switched over to "The worlds best cat litter" in 6 weeks.

JacksMom

Banned
I don't know if you have a Pets Barn or Valley Feed, but I buy litter in bulk for $6.80 for 60 pounds! It's the soft/sand type (clumping) and it's good on the dust control. Odor control is good too, although you can add some baking soda to help if you have multiple "children"

I just have Jack and have no odor issues whatsoever. It's a really good price, too!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I don't know if you have a Pets Barn or Valley Feed, but I buy litter in bulk for $6.80 for 60 pounds! It's the soft/sand type (clumping) and it's good on the dust control. Odor control is good too, although you can add some baking soda to help if you have multiple "children"

I just have Jack and have no odor issues whatsoever. It's a really good price, too!

Heck yea thats a good price. I'll have to check around in my area for something similar. WOW!!!

Back