Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Soft Lump

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi friends. Buster has a soft lump on his thigh that has been there for some time. It's not too noticeable but it's definitely there. I think it might be a fatty lump but I don't know much about these issues. Does it look familiar to anyone? Should I get it checked out? It doesn't bother him at all. Thanks for reading!

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
PS: The bulge in front of his hip is just his large belly. He's a big boy.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi friends. Buster has a soft lump on his thigh that has been there for some time. It's not too noticeable but it's definitely there. I think it might be a fatty lump but I don't know much about these issues. Does it look familiar to anyone? Should I get it checked out? It doesn't bother him at all. Thanks for reading!

Was there any vaccinations given recently? I would have a vet check up to be safe. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
image.jpeg
@BusterTheCat , Has it changed size recently? Like mentioned any vaccinations in the past while?
vaccines often given on rear legs - Feline leukemia given on left leg , Rabies vaccine often on right rear leg
Here is vaccine site picture for reference

One members kitties vaccine lump firmly went down , others needle biopsied at vets and removed-

So,e of my babies over the years got lumps amd bumps aging amd were benign fatty tumors-
I did confirm with my vet who told me to leave lips,as slime if not bothering them -
He told me his golden retriever had several lipomas he could do surgery himself to remove and he left the fatty lipomas be

I would call the vets office to confirm, ask what vaccines amd where given , where and which on what side-
And ask their advice -
It could very well be a fatty lipoma but I would for peace of mind ask your vet if best to take a look at it

Last edited:

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@admin @Yoda mom He actually hasn't had a vaccination recently! I've been meaning to get it checked out so I should probably do that soon. Thank you both!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Pawsitive thoughts sent your way!
Please keep us updated on vet visit
Head smooches !

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

@BusterTheCat just as everyone else mentioned, my first thought and question would have been if it's at a vaccine injection site?

You mentioned that it's been there for quite a while, so is it possible it began to develop after a vaccine?

Generally if a lump is very soft, squishy and moveable, it's not anything to worry about. But again, like others mentioned, please do have it checked out.

Keep us updated. Keeping paws crossed it's nothing.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sending positive vibes. Hugs. And he has a nice tush. Heeeee