Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Soft Paws

ktate88

Banned
Niles wore them for about 2 weeks. We didn't have any problems while he wore them except the first day he was shaking his feet. I didn't reapply b/c he is pretty good about staying away from the the furniture. The brown toe nail stuff they get just collected around the edge of the softpaw.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I don't know about Sphynx, our DSH tortie girl is wearing them right now since she's a B and keeps scratching Bacon.... Not anymore! She doesn't seem to mind or even notice they are on :ThumbsUp:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have some I bought two years ago that I never applied. I'm with Ilovemysphynx. Looks to tedious and difficult to apply. Jut trim nails.

LuaLove

Lairian
Okay thanks everyone, the only reason I'm asking is because I'll be moving apartments in the Summer and some say that in order to have a cat they must be declawed, so I was just going to see if I could bargain with them a bit. Declawing isn't an option, obviously, I don't want to amputate my little baby.

bellasmom

Banned
Bella use to have them. They are great except with a sphynx they get dirty so the glue got all brown and gross looking even after a bath. Other than that they were great and I love all the dif. colors!

Not sure about how they are for cats, but my groomer who I take my dogs to (and my naked cat) told me that they are definitely no good because they allow fungus to breed under them since the nails cannot "breathe". She said she had a customer put them on their dog and they ended up getting a fungal nail infection and they had to have the dog's nail removed and all kinds of problems.

Not sure if that's just an isolated case or not, but thought I would pass it along anyways.

r.wabbit

Lairian
Okay thanks everyone, the only reason I'm asking is because I'll be moving apartments in the Summer and some say that in order to have a cat they must be declawed, so I was just going to see if I could bargain with them a bit. Declawing isn't an option, obviously, I don't want to amputate my little baby.
I don't about your budget, but I'd be looking somewhere else. We're in the military and move every 2-3 years and the place we live is based of two considerations. School districts and do they take pets. Ours have been with us for over 15yrs and giving them up or altering them is NOT an option. The pets, not the kids. :LOL: Does it make it harder? Yes. It is worth it? Most definitely. :BigSmile: & this was with one Puli and two cats.

Back