Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tale Grude

Lairian
Hi!

I have just ordered SoftPaws. I'm really looking forward to trying them out. But I was just wondering if anyone has noticed any downsides to them? Can they still use their nails properly? As in, are they still able to grip onto stuff the way they should? :p

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've never used them myself but I would guess that it would at least take a while to get used to and that the gripping power would be less too.
Hopefully someone with experience will chime in!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I have never used them either! I know I have heard mixed reviews on them. I would think it is what ever works for you is best.
We have lots of scratching posts and leather furniture (I have found they do not care to claw leather)
I know myself I would have no patience to apply them. :singing::oops:

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have used them on Nigel before and he currently has them on again as of yesterday. They are only easy to apply if your cat is willing to let you have them on their back and mess with their claws for a while.

Nigel does everything a normal cat does with them on. And if you get the right size and apply them right their claws retract all the way. It just looks like they don't.

Nigel wears his because he scorns the scratching post and our dog Basil was starting to get huge scratches on his tail and legs where Nigel thinks he is a toy.

You can PM me for more questions.

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Also, while he does have less grip on soft surface such as beds he can still climb them. His grip on hard surfaces hasn't changed. He gets used to them in about 15 minutes. He still acts completely normal.