Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Someone is spoiled

Inferno12

Banned
I got an email from my partner in Afghanistan today and she was on the internet (she is a computer nerd) today and was looking for something to buy me. Since she is getting ready to leave she really has nothing to do but make sure the new people can do their jobs and play on the computer! She decided to order me a litter robot :Surprise::Surprise:. The website wouldnt let her checkout last night but she is going to try again tomorrow. I hope it works :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It's an absolutely wonderful thing to be spoiled with love. If nothing says "I love you" more than a Litter Robot, I hope you get one! :BigSmile:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
awe!! you and your partner are too cute!! buying one another gifts! :)
you two sounds like my finacee and i... we always spill the beans before the time is right to give the gift!! :)
Does she know about her the great dane?

Inferno12

Banned
awe!! you and your partner are too cute!! buying one another gifts! :)
you two sounds like my finacee and i... we always spill the beans before the time is right to give the gift!! :)
Does she know about her the great dane?

She knows about her Dane but she Im not going to let her know if I get it!

We are terrible about spilling the beans :Dizzy:

Congrats! Nothing like having a significant other who knows how to spoil you...with cat stuff!!!!! You know they "get" you when they know a fancy poo box will make you happy!!! She is a keeper!

Every time I tell my hubby I figured out what I want for a holiday or something I get "Let me guess, it will have the word "cat" in the sentence, or it will have something to do with cat."
:LOL::LOL:

Let us know how Johnny likes it!!!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK so you get to go fishing until 3 in the morning. You like your job. You have Johnny the cool sphynx. You get to fly in jets. You ride in helicopters. You go camping. You get awesome presents. And you get to take your anger out on raging infernos and help people in the process. Not to mention ride in those cool fire engines (remember Seinfeld when Kramer was driving the fire truck)?

I am officially envious. Sounds like you're living the dream. Good for you.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
OK so you get to go fishing until 3 in the morning. You like your job. You have Johnny the cool sphynx. You get to fly in jets. You ride in helicopters. You go camping. You get awesome presents. And you get to take your anger out on raging infernos and help people in the process. Not to mention ride in those cool fire engines (remember Seinfeld when Kramer was driving the fire truck)?

I am officially envious. Sounds like you're living the dream. Good for you.

LOL No doubt she is!!

Inferno12

Banned
I am trying to live the dream but its not all its cracked up to be! There are some pretty bad times to go along with the good but I wouldnt change it for anything

BTW...no jets :LOL::LOL::Hysterical: I also hate the helicopters. I missed being in a helicopter crash by just a few minutes. Its was pretty scary and I felt terrible for the person the replaced me on the flight. I hate those things. I have seen too many fall out of the sky :Surprise::Surprise:

Our fire engines are an ugly green and no one thinks we are "real" firefighters! Its really funny that we get no respect from the firefighting community. We are a breed of our own and its ok with us! We will fight the fires while they sit in their pretty red trucks on the street! Ever wonder why they are the ones in the news? Its because we are the ones in the woods busy fighting the fires!!! Im not bitter at all :LOL::LOL:

Anyway....I do have to say that I am sooooo lucky to do what I do but please dont be jealous we have some pretty bad times too...like bed bugs from nasty hotel rooms. That was the other night! :ThumbsDown::ThumbsDown:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They were hiring for fire fighters here in Fort Worth. I decided to check it out. Once all the hoops were jumped and they knew I wasn't a terrorist or career criminal, I was invited to take a test. Take a test with over 1200 people! They were taking the top 50 test scores and another 50 alternates. I got my test score back and I was 112. I missed the dang cut by 12 people. I've had trouble finding a job ever since.

Inferno12

Banned
They were hiring for fire fighters here in Fort Worth. I decided to check it out. Once all the hoops were jumped and they knew I wasn't a terrorist or career criminal, I was invited to take a test. Take a test with over 1200 people! They were taking the top 50 test scores and another 50 alternates. I got my test score back and I was 112. I missed the dang cut by 12 people. I've had trouble finding a job ever since.

That sucks. You didnt want to go into burning buildings anyway! I hope you find a job soon. I would hire you on our crew if you lived here!

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
funny story about forest service green trucks...

Once, whilst riding with my dad to an illegal dump-site cleanup on forest lands, our route was along a flagstone quarry.

As we drove past, I noticed all sorts of people running and hiding at the quarry. I was puzzled as to why and asked. Apparently, the forest service green is just a little off from immigration (INS) and when combined with the flagstone dust, the convoy of forest service trucks looks like an immigration raid. The same running for cover happened when ever there were more than 2 USFS trucks heading out that way.

//funny 'cause of the disruption a mistaken identity causes, not for other, possibly offensive, reasons

Inferno12

Banned
funny story about forest service green trucks...

Once, whilst riding with my dad to an illegal dump-site cleanup on forest lands, our route was along a flagstone quarry.

As we drove past, I noticed all sorts of people running and hiding at the quarry. I was puzzled as to why and asked. Apparently, the forest service green is just a little off from immigration (INS) and when combined with the flagstone dust, the convoy of forest service trucks looks like an immigration raid. The same running for cover happened when ever there were more than 2 USFS trucks heading out that way.

//funny 'cause of the disruption a mistaken identity causes, not for other, possibly offensive, reasons

Ha Ha....I get that same reaction when I go work in Arizona! Its kind of funny. I feel like I need to tell them that my grandparents were illegals :Woo::Woo:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My job is vehicle inspections and to take vehicles if they need something done to them, like new radios, tires, LOF, and whatnot. The firemen work out right outside my office. LOL

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lucky you with the prezzies!! :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

my other half once asked if i wanted anything while he was in town, i replied "surprise me"...he did...he bought me an English/Italian Dictionary!! :Dizzy: Now i don't bother saying that anymore!!:LOL:

X

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
! Im not bitter at all :LOL::LOL:

Anyway....I do have to say that I am sooooo lucky to do what I do but please dont be jealous we have some pretty bad times too...like bed bugs from nasty hotel rooms. That was the other night! :ThumbsDown::ThumbsDown:

Take the mattresses out for a good burn lol

I didnt know you were a wild fire fighter :) NEAT !

Back