Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Someone’s help me. Myrtle just pooped blood.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
I’m flipping out everyone’s. Flipping the heck out. My cats are my babies. I’m not freaking kidding. What is wrong with my Myrtle. She’s been puking like crazy .... Going to get a drink and puking again. All liquid. I just heard some crazy noises from litter box and look what I found!!!! Sorry to be gross. But that looks like blood don’t it?!?! What do I do? Do I go to the emergency vet??!?!!?!! Should I just wait? What if I wait and something happens? Anybody have sphynx with diabetes. I’ve had lots of reasons to suspect type 1 diabetes in her. I’m going to go be with her. I’ll check back later.

Attachments

• 7DC3418F-89E4-4982-9DEA-9B16D2B68985.jpeg
    7DC3418F-89E4-4982-9DEA-9B16D2B68985.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 40

Klcklc1285

Lairian
I’m flipping out everyone’s. Flipping the heck out. My cats are my babies. I’m not freaking kidding. What is wrong with my Myrtle. She’s been puking like crazy .... Going to get a drink and puking again. All liquid. I just heard some crazy noises from litter box and look what I found!!!! Sorry to be gross. But that looks like blood don’t it?!?! What do I do? Do I go to the emergency vet??!?!!?!! Should I just wait? What if I wait and something happens? Anybody have sphynx with diabetes. I’ve had lots of reasons to suspect type 1 diabetes in her. I’m going to go be with her. I’ll check back later.
Shes acting fine right now. Like playing and everything. Prolly just ate something bad? She’s prolly okay right? Since she’s playjng and stuff? Like if it was something serious she’d let me know???

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If she was mine I'd be taking her to the vet just to get her checked out. If there's nothing wrong then no problem, you will have peace of mind and be a few dollars down but if there is something to worry about then getting there early on is the best thing. I hope everything is OK with her.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Klcklc1285 (((hugs))) and positive vibes for Myrtle
How is she today ?

Definitely agree with a vet visit -
Always best to get an early intervention diagnosis and treatment plan
I definitely recommend the vet visit during the week to find out what's going on
So you don't an emergency vet visit on a weekend which alway seems to be the case with my crew of they have something brewing ..

Have you checked spend for anything she may have ingested ? Chewed up?
Any change of food recently ?

With vomitting and blood which could be signs of ingesting something or irritated intestines it I would without a doubt contact your vet and follow their advice

Is she drinking water? you want to make sure she is not dehydrated

Following closely for updates

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Personally I would be going to the emergency vet or your regular vet if they're open. I remember I was in very similar situation to yours with my baby Finn. When we first had him he had Giardia and the breeder sent me medication for him and Yoda. All was well and they were both eating/pooping fine.
About two weeks after finishing the medication, I came home and found puke on the floor, yellow bile. I searched the house and found more bile in the basement. I watched Finn go to the litter box and it was pure liquid poop(no blood but there was blood the first time before medication). I watched him puke a third time in front of me. I was seriously balling my eyes out the whole way to the emergency vet, just to sit there for 5 hours and leave with more medication for Giardia (I told them when I got there that's what I would need as sometimes it takes two rounds of medicine). I could've waited until Monday but I couldn't bear the thought of him puking and potentially having diarrhea for an extra day. I knew I would just worry the entire weekend if I didn't take him.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do with miss Myrtle.

VictorFU

Lairian
Probably Feline enteritis, go to a vet for sure. Mine pooped blood a few days ago, but now he's getting better. Hope yours gets fine soon!
If it is because of bacteria infection, try to keep it away from licking everything and feed him some Probiotics.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Hey everyone! Sorry it took me so long to respond. Myrtle is doing great!!! I waited till next morning and then she was fine so we didn’t go to the vet. She’s been completely normal ever since. Scared the heck out of me tho. She’s due for a visit very soon so I’m prolly going to go ahead and have labs done then just to make sure all is well. I really think i need to be worried about diabetes. Myrtle is super skinny and she drinks ALOT. I’m talking a lot a lot. Like a whole cereal bowl full in one day. I’m not exaggerating. I’ve tried taking her blood sugar myself. Yup.. i did the flashlight in the ear thing and the paw thing. I could not get enough blood i hated hurting her like that. I poked her like five times. I could not get anything. I freaking hate taking her to vet to get that done cause i know she’s gunna be terrified. Uuugghhhhhh. I wonder if they will let me hold her while they do it. It’s better to scare her once and have peace of mind about the diabetes though. She’s just so sweet it breaks my heart.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy to hear Myrtle is doing well again. Glad to hear you go to the vet to let her test on diabetes. And just say you want to hold her:)

Back