Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Soon to be Sphynx Baby Mama!! Hola!!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hola!

I’m currently the baby mama of one pit/boxer mix, one teacup yorkie, one adorable 7 month old baby girl AND expecting a seal mink sphynx boy in late May!

We just reserved our baby, and I think I may go stir crazy waiting for gotcha day! I’ve been wanting a sphynx for 5 years now

and I’m so excited
I’m a Virgo, so naturally I will be researching the crap out this breed and shopping for kitty goodies obsessively for the next 8 weeks. Any advice, helpful tips, or just friends in the community are welcome! ✌️

Also need name help! Gracias!​

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Get pet insurance!! So worth it for them
Will do! We already have both our fur babies covered, so kitty will be too! Our breeder requires a pretty strict health regimen with annual update in the contract. Do you know if the heart scans are covered by insurance typically?

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to Sphynxlair! How exciting. Sphynx Cat Help Center
Thank you! I will check it out for sure! I spent 5 years trying to convince hubby that the breed is *beautiful* and not *creepy looking shriveled raisin-cats* after I fell in love with a kitten I met! He surprised me asking me if I wanted one, and now I finally get to get my hands on one of these sexy beasts!

Hmmm... I wonder what he’s hiding... :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hola!

I’m currently the baby mama of one pit/boxer mix, one teacup yorkie, one adorable 7 month old baby girl AND expecting a seal mink sphynx boy in late May!

We just reserved our baby, and I think I may go stir crazy waiting for gotcha day! I’ve been wanting a sphynx for 5 years now

and I’m so excited
I’m a Virgo, so naturally I will be researching the crap out this breed and shopping for kitty goodies obsessively for the next 8 weeks. Any advice, helpful tips, or just friends in the community are welcome! ✌️

Also need name help! Gracias!​
Hello and welcome I know you will find the lair very informative and helpful
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Monica welcome to sphynxlair and congratulations with your soon to be new addition to the family. We love all pets (and human babies) here so if you have pics to share we would love to see them.

Most sphynx love toys like Da Bird and laserlights. And blankets to crawl under.

For names you can think of certain themes you like, characters on tv you like? I didn't know the names for my crew untill they came home with me and could see their personalities. But I had names in mind of course. It's fun to think of all the names

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Monica For names you can think of certain themes you like, characters on tv you like? I didn't know the names for my crew untill they came home with me and could see their personalities. But I had names in mind of course. It's fun to think of all the names
I actually was leaning towards the name PETA... bc of their “I’d rather go naked than wear fur campaign.” Lol. But, I too like to name my babies based when I meet them! I have a dog named Boogie who was named Ace for the first few weeks of his life until I realized his name was meant to be Boogie!

The yorkie is named Brodie!

Attachments

• E6D97929-A94B-4BC2-AE66-D41E66D4287C.jpeg
    E6D97929-A94B-4BC2-AE66-D41E66D4287C.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 32
  • FE37D3D1-C047-4878-812A-8EC9C60137E1.jpeg
    FE37D3D1-C047-4878-812A-8EC9C60137E1.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27

jcline

Lairian
Congratulations!!! And wow we are very very similar!!!! I have a Boxer, and a tiny Poodle as well as a Labrador, and we have a 6 month old baby boy!
Our little boy should be coming home in about 6 weeks, I’m losong my mind I’m so excited!!!

How do you think your pups will do including the new family member? Mine are all pretty old so I think they will be fine with him after a couple days. I just plan to take things very very slow.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Monica Boogie and Brodie are both beautiful and looks so cute. What a lucky sphynx to get them as his buddies!
I love the name Peta, it's perfect for a sphynx. Wish I thought of that name myself:)

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congratulations!!! And wow we are very very similar!!!! I have a Boxer, and a tiny Poodle as well as a Labrador, and we have a 6 month old baby boy!
Our little boy should be coming home in about 6 weeks, I’m losong my mind I’m so excited!!!

How do you think your pups will do including the new family member? Mine are all pretty old so I think they will be fine with him after a couple days. I just plan to take things very very slow.
Congrats to you too, on the baby and the kitty! Both my boys have grown up around cats. My old roommate had a cat who was very influential on our yorkie to the point that he still behaves very cat like, 5 years later! Our pit/boxer is 10 and super docile. They did great meeting baby, so I think they should be fine! As long as they don’t lick him to death!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Monica , welcome, to the lair family ! Look forward to your gotcha day pics! Keep us posted on the date so we can count down with you!

Your Boogie amd Bordie are precious! Look forward to lots of pics!
My Claire bare looooves cuddling with Woofers!

All paws are family here !

Welcome the the amazing sphnyx journey

defimltey kitty proof for life as mentioned! They are monkey cat dog all in one !
They keep us on our toes ! Watch walking! They are alway under foot amd I had to train mine to a spot for meet and greets to not bolt out the door!

Amd they steal stuff , knock over fragile things for the fun of it , and are the most cuddly unique breed

Will send you some good links
And feel free to ask questions :)

Recommend Hylt shampoo ( soap free hypoallergenic )
Amd dr elseys litter - and most recently pet odor destroyer ipunscented litter from petsupermarket is very comparable .
Da bird pole toy supervised only( they have a habit of chewing strings etc - I have to make sure to put dental floss in a separate trash too, and keep toilet lids down and watch for hot stove tops especially flat tops! )
The smart cat climber thst mounts easily on a door is a fav here as well as the ome fast cat exercise wheel my Toby love uses all day and night on his own!

Keep us updated often!

Here is a good link

Sphynx Cat Help Center

Look forward to your sexy beast pics! Any name ideas ?

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Monica , is
Look forward to your sexy beast pics! Any name ideas ?

Thanks for all the tips! I have a LONG list of potential names that I need to narrow down to a short list. The main ones I’m leaning towards are PETA (I’d rather go naked than wear fur), Dorian Gray, Krampus, and Jagger. I’m all over the place lol.

Probably won’t settle on a final choice until after I meet my boy and see his personality qwerks!

Back