Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Soooo happy!...and a little scared!!!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had to take Mug-Y to the vets last night for his yearly boosters and as we've now had him for 6 months just a general bit of a check up.

The vet said he is doing fantastically!!! :ThumbsUp:

He told me that when the Sphynx Welfare ladies brought him to Him (my vet deals with all sphynx breeders in the surrounding area) that he thought no one would be able to deal with him and that he would probably have never been homed :ThumbsDown:

He was amazed by the difference in his behaviour (although within 5 minutes Mug-Y had howled the walls down and lacerated his arm quite badly :Dizzy:) and that after 6months with no out breaks of Cystitis he believes he is the happiest he has ever been in his life!!! I cannot tell you how happy that made me feel :BigSmile: I have been so worried that I might not be doing the right thing for him etc etc and for the vet to say that was like a massive weight had been lifted!

He has suggested we take him off the S/O wet diet for 2 weeks and see how he goes with normal wet food...that's where the scared bit comes in!!!

I've found some good quality natural foods by Applaws and Almo Nature (it's difficult in England to find the foods that you have in the US) that seem to contain nothing but meats, cooking water and a small percentage of rice so hopefully , fingers crossed this will suit him and he can be more like the normal kitty he deserves to be.

Happy happy joy joy! :BigSmile:

X

susi794

Staff member
Bless you for taking this unhappy little guy and giving him a life. You should be proud of yourself because you earned the praise from the vet. You've given him a chance to be a normal cat and to have a family that loves him. And that, my friend, is EVERYTHING!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is really good news! I'm sure it is nerve-wrecking to change his food after hearing all the positives and appraisal you deserved. I wish you lots of luck with the change of diet! That is wonderful that you had the patients and the heart to take him in. :Smile:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone for you support! You're all very special people too :Smile:

I'll let you know hopw he gets on.

Much love! X

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had to take Mug-Y to the vets last night for his yearly boosters and as we've now had him for 6 months just a general bit of a check up.

The vet said he is doing fantastically!!! :ThumbsUp:

He told me that when the Sphynx Welfare ladies brought him to Him (my vet deals with all sphynx breeders in the surrounding area) that he thought no one would be able to deal with him and that he would probably have never been homed :ThumbsDown:

He was amazed by the difference in his behaviour (although within 5 minutes Mug-Y had howled the walls down and lacerated his arm quite badly :Dizzy:) and that after 6months with no out breaks of Cystitis he believes he is the happiest he has ever been in his life!!! I cannot tell you how happy that made me feel :BigSmile: I have been so worried that I might not be doing the right thing for him etc etc and for the vet to say that was like a massive weight had been lifted!

He has suggested we take him off the S/O wet diet for 2 weeks and see how he goes with normal wet food...that's where the scared bit comes in!!!

I've found some good quality natural foods by Applaws and Almo Nature (it's difficult in England to find the foods that you have in the US) that seem to contain nothing but meats, cooking water and a small percentage of rice so hopefully , fingers crossed this will suit him and he can be more like the normal kitty he deserves to be.

Happy happy joy joy! :BigSmile:

X

Hi I had the same problem trying to find something good for Mo. I have had him on the Applaws Chicken and Pumpkin and it is GREAT! The pumpkin in it keeps Mos poos solid and you are right it has a high meat content and NO RUBBISH! They do make dry food too but that doesn't agree with Mo so he still has his Z/D.

Back