Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sooooo annoying!

jwylde

Lairian
So Hugo decides that every morning he is going to start crying at 6:30 to be fed. He gets fed the night before around 9 pm. I didn't wanna give in because that's negative reinforcement and then he knows if he does it I'll get up and feed him everyday at that time:ThumbsDown: However, If I don't get up until my regular time of 8.... he jumps on my dresser and knocks down earrings, brushes, and pretty much anything on there to get my attention so I end up getting up and feeding him.!!!

HELP!! :Angry:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Leave out dry food for him to snack on. And if he does force you into getting up early, do not reinforce it by feeding him then. Go about your business and make him wait until he normally eats breakfast.

Gizzymom

Banned
If he is anything like my Gizmo, he is trying to get your attention. Gizmo used to do that a lot, now only occasionally. However, when I did get up and feed him, he would only sniff the food and then follow me back to my bed to try and get more attention. My advice is take everything off the surfaces of your dressers (like I did)... and try to ignore the plaintive "yowing"... otherwise, you may as well get up and play with him for awhile.. :Laugh:

Bella07

Banned
I leave some extra dry food out for my cats all day long as well. Maybe that is just what Hugo needs. Good Luck!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great advice has been given- good luck.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Do you leave dry food out for him? We have dry kibble available all day for our sphynx.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I've had the same problem with my two naughty sphynx. The only thing that I have found that works is to leave out kibble overnight, feed their canned food later at night (10pm), lots of playtime after they eat and before we go to bed. I've removed all trinkits and such off of the dresser and headboard.
They still try to wake me sometime between 5am/6am but if I scoop them up to cuddle under the warm blankets I can usually get 30 to 45 minutes of snuggle time in before they push away and get up.

Goodluck - sleep deprevation is no fun,,,I know!

jwylde

Lairian
The problem is there will NEVER be food allowed to be left out because he will eat it all!!! so there would never be any for him to just "snack on" he takes it straight to the head when it is set out, ANY time of the day!!:Angry:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The problem is there will NEVER be food allowed to be left out because he will eat it all!!! so there would never be any for him to just "snack on" he takes it straight to the head when it is set out, ANY time of the day!!:Angry:
My older boy Tanker was like that too. No matter how much dry food was out he would eat it all until it was gone. Then sometimes he would puke. How about putting out a 1/8 - 1/4 cup of dry out before you go to sleep. Maybe the extra bit after his 9pm feeding will help him make it until 8am.