Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sophie likes tape

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie decided that she LIKES sticky tape. I don't have any double-sided tape in the house so I decided to use some clear packing tape to keep her from scratching the arms of the couch. It's pretty sticky and I just put it sticky side up and tucked in the ends. Well, she thought it was great fun and had a blast tearing it off even when it stuck to her little face.

I guess its not worth even buying double-sided tape. :Dizzy::Woo: what a crazy little kitty.

Brooke

Banned
Sophie decided that she LIKES sticky tape. I don't have any double-sided tape in the house so I decided to use some clear packing tape to keep her from scratching the arms of the couch. It's pretty sticky and I just put it sticky side up and tucked in the ends. Well, she thought it was great fun and had a blast tearing it off even when it stuck to her little face.

I guess its not worth even buying double-sided tape. :Dizzy::Woo: what a crazy little kitty.

:LOL: HAHA!! I can just picture this now...the double-sided tape worked great when i just had Walter. He doesn't like it, but Mandy thinks it's great fun to scratch it. She'll walk right up to it while its stuck all over my shredded couch, put her nails into it, turn and stare right at me and start scratching like a maniac! And the whole time she's looking at me like "I know I'm not supposed to do this, but just try to stop me!" ...now I just have shredded tape AND a shredded couch. I give up!

PitRottMommy

Banned
:LOL: HAHA!! I can just picture this now...the double-sided tape worked great when i just had Walter. He doesn't like it, but Mandy thinks it's great fun to scratch it. She'll walk right up to it while its stuck all over my shredded couch, put her nails into it, turn and stare right at me and start scratching like a maniac! And the whole time she's looking at me like "I know I'm not supposed to do this, but just try to stop me!" ...now I just have shredded tape AND a shredded couch. I give up!

Your problem is that you haven't upgraded to ducttape! Get some hot pink so she can look snazzy while doing damage at the same time!

Brooke

Banned
Your problem is that you haven't upgraded to ducttape! Get some hot pink so she can look snazzy while doing damage at the same time!

I think they should just start making scratching posts the same shape and materials that couches are made from, because clearly that's what cat's prefer to dig their nails into! My couch is shredded and all of the scratchers scattered around my house look as new as they did the day I brought them home from the store...:LOL::Hysterical::Dizzy::Cry:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Mine destruct a single chair in our house: Jason's gaming chair.

Good news: Walmart sells them for $30. So, I just replace them as needed.

BTW: They completely bypass the 6' cat tree I have for them. I'm selling it this weekend. Past the first 3 days, nary a cat has laid a food upon it.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Before my poor little Fuzz died... I wasn't used to having a baby animal in the house... the dogs are 6+ years... I waxed my eyebrows & threw it in the bathroom garbage as usual & a few hours later Fuzz was running through the house with the applicator stick & the muslin stuck to his face screaming something fierce!:LOL:

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Whew I thought just Harry was a little off. I put sticky tape on the counters. Well he kept walking on it and sitting his butt on it. Without hair to pull I don't think that product works as well.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:That is some of the funniest stuff i have heard in awhile...Love the pink duck tape idea....:ThumbsUp:...My couch, my side of the bed, and my blanket are all scratched up too, but I just look at it and sign and remimber it no diffrent than when my kids painted a picture on my kitchen wall(which I left there for 3 years..).

Back