Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sophie was a runner up!

susi794

Staff member
My gosh, girl! That litter box is $180.00!! I was griping about spending $30 on my top entries--holy moly! I almost fell out of my chair when I hit the buy now button to check the price.
Sophie's video was cute--very discrete. Good girl, Sophie and thanks for representing!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Alright, Sophie! :ThumbsUp: Thanks for being an ambassador for the sphynx breed! You looked so cute coming out of the litter box, too.

That is one cool-looking litter box! I have a top entry litter box called the "CleverCat" but it's not near as cool as the ModKat. I like that it comes in different colors, too.

Last edited:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow thats great! In my opinion Sophie should of come first though :BigSmile: she is so cute. What litter box is she testing? Is it a good one? Is it one to stop litter tracking?! All these questions!!! Sorry, I'm forever trying to find a better litter box.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow thats great! In my opinion Sophie should of come first though :BigSmile: she is so cute. What litter box is she testing? Is it a good one? Is it one to stop litter tracking?! All these questions!!! Sorry, I'm forever trying to find a better litter box.

It's a ModKat box which I splurged on since I have a small condo and didn't have anywhere to really stash it where it wouldn't be seen. So I picked it since its got a modern design. I knew I wanted a top entry box which minimizes the litter tracking since its got holes on the top for the litter to fall back in through. The other nice thing is it has a re-usable liner that is like a tarp that you can just wash off. Its definitely pricey like Susi pointed out- but its been great for me since I have to look at it all the time. :Smile:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That sounds good, I havn't thought of trying a top entry box, I've tried all different litters but maybe the box is where I'm going wrong! I have such problems with litter tracking, do you think top entry boxes make a big difference?

Brooke

Banned
That sounds good, I havn't thought of trying a top entry box, I've tried all different litters but maybe the box is where I'm going wrong! I have such problems with litter tracking, do you think top entry boxes make a big difference?

Sam, they make a HUGE difference!! Definitely cuts down on the amount of litter tracked through the house! :ThumbsUp:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I think so! I started Sophie off in a regular box and she made a mess. Now with the top entry its far less. Its not totally mess proof but I find it is significantly less. I know others on here have mentioned making their own from a sturdy storage container (cut a clean hole in the top-make sure it can comfortably bear the kitty's weight) or use Clevercat:

http://clevercatinnovations.com/top_entry_litterbox_about.aspx

Clevercat is reasonably priced and you can get them online or I've seen them in pet shops too.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think so! I started Sophie off in a regular box and she made a mess. Now with the top entry its far less. Its not totally mess proof but I find it is significantly less. I know others on here have mentioned making their own from a sturdy storage container (cut a clean hole in the top-make sure it can comfortably bear the kitty's weight) or use Clevercat:

http://clevercatinnovations.com/top_entry_litterbox_about.aspx

Clevercat is reasonably priced and you can get them online or I've seen them in pet shops too.

I have the CleverCat and I like it a lot! It works the same as the ModKat, but it's a lot less expensive...only $29.99 for the box rather than $180. It's not as cool-looking as ModKat, but it really does the trick. I've noticed a lot less litter tracking using Clevercat. The only problem is that only Piglet likes to use this box; my other two cats are still too attached to my old litter box....sigh. :Woo:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
To bad Sophie didn't win because she totally had me sold on the box but like susi I just about had a heart attack with the price. I actually had to look a few times thinking I must've read that wrong. Then I started looking for the part that said it cleaned itself too:LOL: I did notice one of the sellers is up in Quebec and since I'm heading there in April maybe I'll buy one then. Atleast then I can convice myself I paid less since it's canadian money:Laugh:

Back