Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sore mouth

Ambi

Lairian
Hello,
In the photo is my cat Slinky (1y/o) he loves to rub his face on things, I know there are scent glands in that area and is probably why he is rubbing. He was rubbing on my fabric bed frame and so I bought a whole new bed with a wooden frame, I try to let him rub on my face and against my hands instead of other things causing his sores. Problem is I never see him rubbing on anything otherwise I would be able to do something. Can anyone help? As you can see Slinky's mouth turns red and sore and eventually scabs over before he starts the process again.

Thanks in advance
Charlotte and
Slinky

Attachments

• IMG-20201201-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20201201-WA0010.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 33

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Ambi welcoming you and adorable Slinky to the lair family. for peace of mind, agree with a vet check to take a peek at his gums/teeth.

one of my sphynx is a chronic rubber when he gets petted and on the ironing board corner and cat scratchers,but he does not get sores. he is okay just his thing. with the sores your Slinky gets I would vet check.

not sure if you can order vetericyn plus spray in your area? at the vet check, you can ask the vet if wetting a flat cotton cosmetic round with vetericyn would be helpful to lightly dab on area. it is non toxic. many of us keep on hand. it can be used around the mouth according to the manufacturer

"They are safe for use on all animal species regardless of age and condition. Vetericyn Plus® Wound and Skin Care is non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-irritating, non-staining, and safe to use on or around the eyes, nose and mouth."

please keep us updated, hugs n head smooches

Attachments

• vetricyn.jpg
    vetricyn.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back