Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sorry that I haven't been here much lately...

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
....but summertime is a really busy time for me at work. Things really seem to pick up when the weather gets warmer here in Colorado and it's all I can do to keep up. As a matter of fact, I am at a work-related conference right now in Denver as we speak. It's great for job security but it doesn't leave me much time to visit Sphynx Lair :Cry:.

Piglet's been busy with her animal-assisted therapy work, too. Last weekend, she and I visited two facilities in one day: the disabled children's school in the am and a night-time activities program for disabled kids in the pm (Piglet and I were there with two other therapy teams - both dogs, of course). Piglet's also still visiting the assisted living home on the alternate weekends, too. When she's not "working", she visits and plays with my niece regularly. She's a busy little sphynx girl! :Dizzy:

Anyway, just wanted to touch base and let you all know that I haven't "left" Sphynx Lair....still love and think about all of you often!

Debbie & Piglet

P.S. Wow, 1800 unread posts....I have a LOT of catching up to do! :Woo:

susi794

Staff member
LOL...love you too Debbie and Piglet. It's my busy time too...but mine will end in a couple of weeks when school ends.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL...love you too Debbie and Piglet. It's my busy time too...but mine will end in a couple of weeks when school ends.

Ha, ha, Susi....at least you can see light at the end of your tunnel! :Wink: It'll be like this for me for a while - the only reprieve I'll have is when I go to Europe next month....whew!

By the way, Susi, you'll be proud of my progress re: our weight loss group. I am now starting to fit into size 6's! :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Wow!!!!! Good for you! I am so very proud of you--and equally ashamed of myself. I just can't seem to get with the program these days. Who do I owe the BLOM magnet to for the last two months?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow!!!!! Good for you! I am so very proud of you--and equally ashamed of myself. I just can't seem to get with the program these days. Who do I owe the BLOM magnet to for the last two months?

I dunno, but I'll post my stats in the group thread and you can take it from there. I still have about 15 or so lbs to lose but at least now I'm in the home stretch.:Smile:

You shouldn't be too hard on yourself, Susi...you went through a lot this year. There's 7 months of this year left, so you still have plenty of time to "get back in the game" if you want to. :BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Glad you were able to stop in. Was wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear Piglet is still doing her "thang" and getting along well.

Size 6 !!!!???? Oh how I wish! I miss those days!! lol

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks, Christina. It's going to be a busy summer, but I'll try to pop in from time to time. How's little Snuffie doing? She's always so cute :Adore:.

Geez, it took a lot of hard work to get down to a 6 and I'm still not done yet. :Worn-out: I'd like to fit into a 4 eventually but I still have a ways to go before I get there!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thanks, Christina. It's going to be a busy summer, but I'll try to pop in from time to time. How's little Snuffie doing? She's always so cute :Adore:.

Geez, it took a lot of hard work to get down to a 6 and I'm still not done yet. :Worn-out: I'd like to fit into a 4 eventually but I still have a ways to go to get there!

Snuffie is doing great! We just recently moved and I was so worried about her stressing out but she has done awesome and left all the worrying to me. lol She has decided that she doesn't want to drink from her bowl anymore tho and she sits and waits in the sink for one of us to come by and turn it on for her! This is her just tonight,,,waiting on me!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear that all is well with you and Snuffie! Love the picture of Snuffie in the sink...that is an all-too-familiar sight at my house, too. Piglet loves to drink from the sink and will often meow at me to turn the faucet on so she can drink from it!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Glad to hear that all is well with you and Snuffie! Love the picture of Snuffie in the sink...that is an all-too-familiar sight at my house, too. Piglet loves to drink from the sink and will often meow at me to turn the faucet on so she can drink from it!

I know right!! Crazy silly cats! lol

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear you're both doing okay...try making at least some time for yourself....and look forward to Europe! Are you coming to England at all?

X

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad you are doing well! I can't seem to keep up with the posts these days either and I don't even have the excuse of work.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad everyone is well!!

I havent been able to get on too much either!:ThumbsDown: I got a job and it has been crazy!! I am always on the go! Hopefully things slow down soon! :Wink:

Congrats on your size 6!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear you're both doing okay...try making at least some time for yourself....and look forward to Europe! Are you coming to England at all?

X

We have a layover at Heathrow for a couple of hours, but that's it for England. I sure wish we could stay in the UK....I've never been there and have heard that it's a wonderful place to visit. Also, it would give me a good excuse to meet my UK Sphynx Lair friends. :Laugh:

Glad everyone is well!!

I havent been able to get on too much either!:ThumbsDown: I got a job and it has been crazy!! I am always on the go! Hopefully things slow down soon! :Wink:

Congrats on your size 6!!

Thanks, Tanya! Are you still doing your realtor work, or do you have a new job? Do fill me in...

Thanks to everybody else also for your kind words....I do hope to pop in here more often. :Smile:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have a layover at Heathrow for a couple of hours, but that's it for England. I sure wish we could stay in the UK....I've never been there and have heard that it's a wonderful place to visit. Also, it would give me a good excuse to meet my UK Sphynx Lair friends. :Laugh:

Ahh! Would have been great to meet you!! Maybe next time!!
:BigSmile:
X

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Ahh! Would have been great to meet you!! Maybe next time!!
:BigSmile:
X

For sure! I'm certain this won't be my last visit to Europe!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear from you and Piglet! It's so awesome to hear about Piglet's therapy work. I know you have to be a proud momma. :Smile:

I haven't been on here much due to things going on here as well, so I can totally relate to seeing the ridiculous amount of unread posts! :LOL: I look forward to hearing more from you and Piglet! :Smile:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear from you and Piglet! It's so awesome to hear about Piglet's therapy work. I know you have to be a proud momma. :Smile:

I haven't been on here much due to things going on here as well, so I can totally relate to seeing the ridiculous amount of unread posts! :LOL: I look forward to hearing more from you and Piglet! :Smile:

Thanks, ultra_stella! Summer is a busy time for a lot of us. And yes, I am proud of my little munchkin....she's a smart little girl and seems to have endless energy and love to give to the people we visit every week. She's been a real inspiration to me....whenever I start feeling down or sorry for myself, I think of Piglet and her tireless devotion to the therapy work, and then I start feeling better. :BigSmile:

Geez, I'm never going to read through all those posts....it's a lot....:Sweat:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No need to apologize Sydkat7. You always have been and always will be a sphynxlair staple. And Piglet is our prized sphynx ambassador. I just wish Butterball had the patients of the Piggles.

Have fun on your journey overseas.

Back