Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SoTW makes me sad

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Okay, this is very very silly, but I know you all will understand...

EVERY time I see the Sphynx of the Week- it makes me very very sad. I remember those two weeks leading up to Neala's surgery and I REALLY knew she would get the chance to be Sphynx of the Week.

I thought what a great story of triumph she would have- and it just breaks my heart that we never got the chance.

But I knew ya'll would understand...

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aw, ya'll are too sweet. I think it just hits me sometimes- I didn't go into her surgery even thinking about the alternative- losing her. I was so determined that she was going to make it- it's still very hard knowing she didn't survive the aftercare.

I think we all were convinced she was going to make it. And she did make it through the surgery - we just never thought she would be lost due to inadequate aftercare.

Neala is so much more than SOTW. She is the little kitten who has given a sweet face to PRAA and will help educate others about it. She is the beautiful girl who brought strangers from all over the world together to help her fight and give her a chance. She is one baby Sphynx who showed us all that there are still good people out there who will think nothing of helping a kitten and her family that they have never met. Neala did so much in her short life.

She may not have been SOTW, but she is definitely Sphynx in our hearts.

susi794

Staff member
I think we all were convinced she was going to make it. And she did make it through the surgery - we just never thought she would be lost due to inadequate aftercare.

Neala is so much more than SOTW. She is the little kitten who has given a sweet face to PRAA and will help educate others about it. She is the beautiful girl who brought strangers from all over the world together to help her fight and give her a chance. She is one baby Sphynx who showed us all that there are still good people out there who will think nothing of helping a kitten and her family that they have never met. Neala did so much in her short life.

Well said, dreaming!!! My heart still aches for that tiny little girl...and I think she deserves SOTW too. But I agree that she is SO SO much more than that.

ckutkuhn7

Banned

Very well said!:ThumbsUp:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Awwwwww... It just amazes me still- will always amaze me- how many people fell in love with that tiny little soul so very quickly.

I just had these plans for her- which is crazy because you make plans for your kids, not your pets! But she was going to be SotW. She was going to be a therapy cat (imagine being a little kid and hearing Neala's story at the hospital- she would inspire so many little ones!) and I was going to show her as a Household Pet in TICA. I just knew once we got through the surgery that we had things to do- that she would show the world her 'stuff'.

But then again, she had nothing to prove :) The world already loved her from the start, didn't they?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Very well said. Neala will always be so much more to us than SoTW.

Awwwwww... It just amazes me still- will always amaze me- how many people fell in love with that tiny little soul so very quickly.

I just had these plans for her- which is crazy because you make plans for your kids, not your pets! But she was going to be SotW. She was going to be a therapy cat (imagine being a little kid and hearing Neala's story at the hospital- she would inspire so many little ones!) and I was going to show her as a Household Pet in TICA. I just knew once we got through the surgery that we had things to do- that she would show the world her 'stuff'.

But then again, she had nothing to prove :) The world already loved her from the start, didn't they?

Neala's life may have been short, but her life's purpose was so much bigger than the plans you had for her. This precious soul united so many people from so many different walks of life across so many parts of the world in pure love. Not many humans could have done what she did. Although it hurts, you should be proud of your role you played in being her primary caregiver. Souls like Neala don't come to just anybody...they come to those who are special.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We all love that sweet little angel and she SHOULD be SOTY. (RIP and lovin' that sweetheart).

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had plans for her also.
Remember we had talked about the TICA Annual.
I was going to bring her many toys and gifts.
She did not deserve what happened to her.
I think we should have a sotw for her and Twilight.
I still can not believe they both died.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Twilight makes me so sad too- your family has had such a hard time with their kitties. Your one sis was so wonderful- I hope she finds a friendly, loving Bengal.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Hear hear!

Back