Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Spaying personality change?

Wyfwulf

Lairian
Today Sansa is getting spayed (most likely). I'm worried that it will change her personality, because even though she can be really crazy and gets into moods scratching everyone (playfully), it has grown on me and I don't want to see her any less rambunctious. Has anyone's female cat's changed personality as a result of being spayed? I heard that some people believe that the personality change thing is a myth, because most cats are spayed just as they're maturing, so they become less crazy only as a result of age. If she calms down naturally because of age, that would be great, but I don't want to get rid of some of her kitten feistiness by spaying her.

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Wyfwulf Spaying did not change either of my girls personalities except for the first few days while healing. Mine are still crazy and quirky as ever. I will say now that they are getting older they are not as crazy as often. But they have not changed their crazy behaviors.
Happy healing vibes are sent your baby's way. Don't forget to remind vet no Ketamine :)

patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Wyfwulf : hope the spaying went well. Sending healing vibes to Sansa. Hope she run around being crazy and with moods scratching again soon. I have two boys so can't say anything about a change of personality.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Wyfwulf , healing vibes sent!
I have a spayed female and she is feisty and very very playful at 4 yrs old - very interactive mommies girl :)