Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Speaking of breeders

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Speaking of breeders*update 19, 27*

How do I go about complaining about and letting everyone know about my bad breeder? I am going to wait until I get Jack's heart scanned, and see how she handles that but if she is horrid to me than I want her to go DOWN! LOL I hate when I read the reviews on her site about how lovely she is and whanot it makes me want to gag. I do stalk her website often. I don't know who to complain to? BBB? TICA? Make a beware of this breeder website LOL. Just curious what I can do to help someone else avoid what I had to go through. Also, I sometimes wonder if I just had bad luck. Maybe she is ok. I wish I would have found this place BEFORE I got a sphynx. Although I love Jack so much. I could have my own cattery with beautiful show cats with how much I have spent at the vet.

Last edited:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I printed it out and filled out my part and mailed it to her with the money, she never mailed and or I never got it. Then when I asked about it she was supposed to send it on the plane. She forgot his shot record, his TICA papers, the health guarentee. I have never seen those. I don't even know when his birthday is because she "forgot". I hope her guarentee is one year from purchase because if its one year old I have to get to Colorado ASAP. I do believe he was born in June sometime. I do have his rabies tag.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is my theory...

You can't tell a good breeder from a bad breeder when only good things happen. You buy an animal, it's healthy and happy, you are happy- you think nothing but positive things about that breeder. You can't REALLY tell if that's a good or bad breeder though...

It isn't until something HAPPENS that a breeder is tested and how they respond is how you can tell whether they are good or bad. Fortunately, for most people, it's simply a case of pay for the kitten- get a kitten- everyone is happy- but when something bad happens- that's when you can really see someone's true colors.

Bella07

Banned
That is awful about everything you have had to go through! I've been reading about your experiences in other posts, and that is such a shame.

I bought my golden from a so called "reputable breeder." He lied to me, never sent me AKC papers, health records, etc...I got nothing. The worst part is, he died 1 month after I bought her. So I can't call anyone to complain, or for any money. I have spent thousands of dollars on vet bills for her already. Now my golden has health problems, including hip dysplasia, and she isn't even 2 years old yet! I am furious about my little girls health....

Can you PM your breeders website too? I'd appreciate. And Good Luck!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How do I go about complaining about and letting everyone know about my bad breeder? I am going to wait until I get Jack's heart scanned, and see how she handles that but if she is horrid to me than I want her to go DOWN! LOL I hate when I read the reviews on her site about how lovely she is and whanot it makes me want to gag. I do stalk her website often. I don't know who to complain to? BBB? TICA? Make a beware of this breeder website LOL. Just curious what I can do to help someone else avoid what I had to go through. Also, I sometimes wonder if I just had bad luck. Maybe she is ok. I wish I would have found this place BEFORE I got a sphynx. Although I love Jack so much. I could have my own cattery with beautiful show cats with how much I have spent at the vet.

I think I've recently bought from the same breeder, the quote from her website you quoted on an earlier thread says it the same one . :Dizzy:

I was in the process of writing her an email, as the kitten has been sick since she arrived, first with the sniffles and now with full blown URI, conjunctivitis etc. She has dropped weight as she can't smell and so doesn't want to eat, so we are heating everything to make it more smelly and using a saline solution to clear her nose (as well as the antibiotics, eye cream etc)

Looks like its pointless me contacting her, if you are getting ignored (and right now I could do without the drama (my nan just died and my grandad's in ICU so don't need the stress of fighting over email.)

She was great at first, she even held a deposit that i'd put on a different kitten last year (but couldn't buy it as I had 6grand in hospital bills come through the door, so had to back out.)

The heart issue is worrying and affects me even further, as I had a girl from her cattery, that I bought through someone else a few years ago, she passed away at the beginning of the month (not from her heart.)

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is the same breeder Jacky. She sent the blue slip for mine, plus copies of pedigrees etc.

She didn't send a contract but I just put that down to me having a contract from the original kitten I was going to buy before I had to back out due to going into hospital.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks, that means I have until October to have his heart scanned. Do you have to give the cat back to her?

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Soo can someone let me know who this is?

I dont have papers for snuggles either.. And probably wont ever either.:ThumbsDown:

I cant believe you dont know the date of birth... I hope everything gets situated!!Good luck!!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
This kind of thing is what I find the most unsettling. Although there have been a lot of developments for the better of the breed since my adventure began in the early '90s, there are are so many unpleasant stories of hearbreaking experiences. It is so true that things aren't discovered until something goes wrong.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I called TICA this morning and there were no litters registered with my cat's mother in June of 2009. I got Jack in October 2009 and he was supposed to be 14/15 weeks old. There are no litters registered to his mother in May 2009 or July 2009 either. So, he is not registered is my guess. I emailed the breeder last night an zero reply. I don't even know his birthday, his father for sure, nothing. He was larger in my opinion then a 14 week kitten when I got him so who knows. I am very upset about this. At least TICA was nice. When I get his heart scanned this summer I will open a complaint against her. I am pretty sure he has HCM but you never know.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Someone else may know more, but I don't think TICA is going to do much. They are a registry- they aren't much of a punitive system.

I feel so bad for you- seems like the perfect scam she has. Send you a contract, have you sign it and send it back to her- even if you made a copy, HER signature wasn't on it, right? So it's worth squat without her joint signature.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Nope her signiture wasn't on it. I never saw the paper again after I filled it out. I just got a sick kitten on an airplane. I need to make up a bday for him I guess! Oh well. Karma comes around eventually. I don't know if TICA can do anything, I don't think anyone can do anything. That is why I want to spread the word about what a TOOL she is.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No reply from her?

I wonder if its worth making up a hotmail/ yahoo email or getting someone else to email her, asking about kittens for sale. Then you will know for definate if she's genuinely offline or if she's completely ignoring you.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I actually thought about that. LOL I have an extra hotmail email but I can't remember if I linked my name to it or not, I should look.

Back